“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 435 Overland Park Place

You added 435 Overland Park Place to your Saves list
435 Overland Park Place
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 West 108th Street, Overland Park, KS 66211 (Formerly Clarion Hotel)   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Dirty bathrooms, old sheets, old TVs, the hallways smelled like weed, stains all over the place, security doors were not locked. service was nice but we didn't go for the service. Save yourself the disappointment and go somewhere else.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

We stayed here for one night, we weren't wowed, but we weren't super disappointed either! It was someplace to rest our heads, although I've slept in much more comfortable quarters. The hotel was definitely dated, but for the most part it was clean (although there were a few things that were questionable), and the staff was friendly. We got a good deal through Groupon, but I don't believe I would return to this hotel if there were other available options.

Stayed March 2015
Shannon T, General Manager at 435 Overland Park Place, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Dear MrsCain811,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback, and do hope that you will return should you have plans to be in Overland Park.

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

This is not a new hotel, but in the same price point as economy properties nearby. There is a bar and basic restaurant serving dinner and breakfast--which I did not use, but appeared to be a limited menu. Still, you can eat and rink on site, which is a plus. Friendly, competent staff. I stayed two night. The room was larger than most, but dated. There was a mini coffee machine in the room and the basic toiletries provided.Te Tv was old (NOT a flat screen) but okay. Great Wifi connection in the room, password protected. This appeared to be a destination for railroad workers--which is mentioned only in that the fellas bring in a little of the outdoors with them at the end of the day and running the vacuum a little more often in the hallways is a good idea. This property is located near Metcalf and I-435, which is a high traffic area, but drive noise was not an issue. At the right price, this is a dated, but decent value. I may be back.

Room Tip: Second floor, odd n,breed rooms are quietst.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Shannon T, General Manager at 435 Overland Park Place, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Dear MaxMan,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Thank you for the comments on the hotel and staff. Next time you visit Overland Park we do hope to have you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

This hotel was everything we needed. Clean room, clean beds, good parking and a wonderful staff! The place that we normally stay when visiting KC was booked for that weekend so we had to find a new place to stay. We ended up finding an amazing package on Living Social for this place and figured we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed.

There is no doubt that this is an older hotel that has been redone. But, like I said, we don't need much. We weren't planning on staying in the hotel all weekend. We just needed a place that we could keep our things and come back to at night to sleep. They do have a pool, exercise room, and a bar/restaurant in the lobby with a great, inexpensive breakfast (all u can eat I think. But it was huge anyway!) And did I mention the AMAZINGLY NICE STAFF? They were all so nice and always smiling! That meant a lot to us.

The only thing that I didn't like was the stale cigarette smell. The hotel is now smoke free, and this wasn't fresh cigarette smoke. It was very obvious that it was old, from the years of smokers. But it didn't bother my husband's allergies, so it was no big deal.

We will definitely stay there again. And I have already told a bunch of people about it!

Room Tip: Don't forget that the Double rooms have full beds in them, not queen. (I've noticed a lot o...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

I almost cancelled my reservation after reading the reviews but honestly it's not bad. We had a flat screen TV, microwave and mini refrigerator. The room was very clean. You can definitely tell this is an older hotel but I think people expect it to be a 5 star for $50 a night. We would stay here again! My only complaint is the thin walls.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Shannon T, General Manager at 435 Overland Park Place, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Dear Nicole H,
Thank you for your comments. While the hotel is older, we do pride ourselves in taking care of our guests. We are glad that you did not follow through on cancelling your reservation and decided to stay wit us! Please do visit again, we are pleased to have you as our guest! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

I give this hotel a 4 star rating because for an economy hotel it is very good. My room and the public areas were very clean and the staff is super friendly. Very well located. My son stayed close by in the Sheraton which has one of the best concierges, a fun bar, great restaurant and work-out room. My hotel had a friendly bar (like Cheers), a small work-out room and an okay breakfast. However, my son's room was $280 a night, mine was $45!!!! Good experience - I'll definitely come back.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Shannon T, General Manager at 435 Overland Park Place, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here and we do look forward to having you back!

Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

We bought this deal off living social where we have had success in the past. We checked the hotel website and the pictures looked nice. We have stayed in the area before and it is nice. However the pictures are fake, the hotel is dusty old and outdated, the bar grill area is mediocre. I would not recommend this to anyone to purchase the living social deal. Is not horrible but not what we expected from website and pictures. Be careful and do not expect a sleep inn or Hampton atmosphere. It is a 1-2 star hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Shannon T, General Manager at 435 Overland Park Place, responded to this review, January 29, 2015
Thank you for your time in providing feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. We are constantly working to improve and it is with comments like yours that we are able to do so. I do wish I had talked with you in person prior to your departure. Please keep in mind that we are currently upgrading the facility and amenities. We would like to have you back to give us another try.

Shannon Turgeon

Been to 435 Overland Park Place? Share your experiences!