“Worst Days Inn we ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Ottawa

You added Days Inn Ottawa to your Saves list
Days Inn Ottawa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2209 South Princeton Road, Ottawa, KS 66067 (Formerly Travelodge Ottawa)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ottawa
ramah
“Worst Days Inn we ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The carpet in the room looked like it had never been cleaned..there were bugs in the bathroom... the pool was green..the 2 ice machines were out of order..I told the desk that we didn't have any wash cloths and he brought me 2 hand towels to use as wash cloths..I have better rags for doing my housework than the towels in the bathroom....and the sign behind the desk said this was the "newest" Days Inn.
I wish I had had internet access before renting this room and could have researched it because I never would have stayed here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Francis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Smelly dirty room. Used band aid left on floor of dirty bathroom. Musty smelling room. Pool had bugs and dirt in it. Old apple and cigarette butts on pool side. Staff was young kid that didnt know what he was doing. Never stay at this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Madrid, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Outside looked nice, then got to room!!! 105 degrees out side AC not on, room stunk. Had two chairs both were stained to no one would dare sit in them. Slept on top of bed after pulling sheets back and finding hair all over. No tissue paper. Toilet and seat not cleaned. Electrical wires hanging out wall. Not being remodeled. Could not hang clothes up because hanger was pulled out of wall and hanging there. Ice machines not working and full of garbage. Dresser drawers dirty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days recently. We were traveling with our large dog, and this was the only place in town that allowed pets his size. Of course, we had to stay in a smoking room because of this, so our expectations were fairly low to begin with. There was a definite odor, but not intolerable. Other than that, the room wasn't bad at all. The bed was decently comfortable, the microwave and mini fridge worked very well, as did the flat screen tv. The free wifi was good, save for a few brief outages. The hotel is conveniently located less than a minute from the entrance to wal mart.

I want to make a point of how accommodating and helpful the staff was for us. We were treated very well, and it was obvious that the management wanted to make our stay as good as possible. Anyone who has traveled much will recognize that this is an economy hotel, and definitely nothing fancy, but for us, it was a fantastic value and very much exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I'm not sure what kind of standards or expectations the previous reviewer had but this is the most horrible place I have ever stayed. Unfortunately, because there was a car show in town there were no other vacancies in any of the better places in town. I was quoted $56.00 a night but when I arrived I was charged $119.00 a night. The bedding was so filthy that I had to go to Wal-Mart to purchase new pillows and blankets. Breakfast? What a joke! A carton of pastries picked over by the other renters and no one around to clean and maintain the area. The blow dryer was broken, the bathroom light was burned out and when the maintenance guy came in to check it he walked back out and never came back. I had to ask for towels, toilet paper and wash cloths, there were bugs on the floor, the carpet was stained and I could go on and on about what a dump this place is. I saw no evidence of any remodeling inside or out so I'm not sure the previous reviewers are reviewing the same place. I assume this is a mom and pop operation without having to abide by corporate standards or expectations.

Room Tip: Make plans well in advance and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

After reading all the bad reviews and ratings of this place I was so surprised, I had been booked into this hotel by someone else and really had no choice so I braced myself for crickets and hard times, I couldn't have been more wrong. When I walked into the hotel I was greeted like family and from then on I was surprised again and again, my room was clean and bright, The staff was placing new curtains on the windows of all the rooms ..the room smelled great, there were no signs of bedbugs ( I know how to look for them) the bed was fresh and comfortable and the rates more than reasonable, I could not have picked a better place in this town if I had looked at them all. Microwave and large capacity fridge in the room ....large screen tv, Place was great, Please try these people's lodging, they are working very hard for you business and deserve a shot at making a huge go of their efforts,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel is currently being remodeled both inside and out. First glance might suggest you go to one of the other hotels in the area but this was actually a quite comfortable 3 week stay. The owner is very accomodating, the only problems I had were with a man that filled in for the owner occassionally. The rates are very good accurate for what you get. The room was clean and freshly updated. New beds were going to be put in all of the rooms a few weeks after I left so I'd say by now that is completed. It's a good value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Ottawa? Share your experiences!