“HIE Olathe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12070 S. Strang Line Rd., Olathe, KS 66062 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Olathe
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“HIE Olathe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A very nice, people friendly hotel. Checking in was effortlessly completed in minutes. Staff exceptionally friendly and cheerful.. Very clean room and all things worked very well.
Breakfast is as other Holiday Inn's so passable.
It served the purpose for me. Clean room and bathroom, service and value excellent and quick breakfast in the morning. Bed was very, very comfortable.
I don't think you can beat it for the money..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Olathe is a former Comfort Suites property that got converted to a HIE within the past year. As such, it isn't a typical format of a HIE property, but is still well executed.

I was upgraded to a Loft Suite, which is pretty huge as hotel rooms go. Downstairs on the multi-level suite is a living room with work desk, large TV with good picture, kitchenette, bathroom with bath. Upstairs there is another large TV, king bed, oversized whirlpool tub, walk in shower, twin sink bathroom.

This suite was so big that it was on some levels almost inconvenient. Want a drink of ice cold water from the fridge at night? Down the stairs, back up the stairs, forgot something, another trip up and down the stairs! It was like a work out!

In all fairness they appear to have plenty of options for both rooms and suites, so you can be sure to find something that works for you.

I was impressed by the excellent internet speed, clocking in at over 15Mbps, significantly faster than what one normally experiences in a hotel these day. It was also the type of system that only logs you off every 24 hours. This means your devices that use the cloud can happily back themselves up while you sleep.

Parking was easy and it was always easy to find a spot very soon from one of the entrances. There are plenty of food options within walking distance of the hotel, and even more if you get in your car.

Housekeeping was decent and the room was just about silent at night. The bed was comfortable and the pillows seemed especially good.

I certainly don't hesitate to recommend the hotel to others, it's certainly not a bad hotel at all. I'd certainly use it again for another trip to the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to consider your room choice when you book. An elderly person or person with disabilities s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was recently at this hotel on business and was pleased at the renovations that were done. I was here in January during renovations and was appauled at the conditions they expected customers to put up with. The staff was very accomodating and the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was no fridge in my room so I called the front desk and within 10 minutes I had a fridge delivered to my room. I will be in the area on business several times over the next month and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the hwy side of the hotel and could not hear any noise, so I think any room would be a good...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

As you can see, this was a Comfort Suites so the rooms are not the same as the rooms in the new HI Expresses. I would like to see the breakfast area expanded or at least have some tables removed as it was crowded. The lobby is huge so there would be room to expand the breakfast seating area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear buster2000,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sterling, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a good experience at this newly renovated HI Express.We were in town for a wedding and needed 2 rooms for a weekend.We got a king suite and a 2 queen regular room.Both rooms were large,bright,and clean.They were also very modern looking,with no old furniture and cracked tiles in the bathrooms.Complimentary breakfast was good as well as customer service.Pool area is above average and large.An overall great hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St. Charles, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stay in many H.I. Express', and this one was of the better 50% of them. Everything was up to date, clean, large room with mini fridge (no microwave) and large flat screen tv, bed was comfortable as always with all of the different pillows noted for being soft or hard, was right on the highway but didn't notice any highway noise. I was given a room that faced the indoor pool, so I don't know how the room against the exterior walls are. The lobby and breakfast area were more upscale looking than usual. The room unusually had a shower instead of a tub with seats in it, which was really nice. Water pressure / hot water was satisfactory, room was cooled down when I got there on a hot day, indoor pool area looked very nice and clean (didn't get in). The pool was large. There were a lot of restaurants, department stores, gas stations, etc. adjacent to the hotel. This is a safe, newer neighborhood so there are no worries about walking or car safety. The staff at the front desk was courteous, and had no issues. The only "non-praise" comment I have is that it was pricier than most other HI Express type hotels. ($149).

Room Tip: Hotel is next to interstate 35, so if you are concerned about road noise, I suggest requesting a roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Krissy419, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you chose to stay with us while you were in town. Our renovations were recently completed in February, and we're excited that you found our facilities clean, comfortable and our staff courteous!! We are purchasing microwaves to be placed in all of our rooms and hope to have this completed by September of this year. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit.
Belleville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with this hotel. I got a good nights sleep after being on the road all day. At first I was not happy with the shower, but after a few adjustments I had hot water and decent water pressure.

• Stayed June 2013
Krissy419, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are glad that after a few minor adjustments you were able to fully enjoy your room and get a good night's rest!! We hope the next time you're in the area you'll stop in and see us again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North? Share your experiences!