“Good hotel but nothing open due to pipe break??” 3 of 5 stars

You added Olathe Inn to your Saves list
Olathe Inn
101 W. 151st Street, Olathe, KS 66061 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Olathe
“Good hotel but nothing open due to pipe break??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and the rooms were average but the restaurant and bar were closed due to a pipe break. Evidently, it was that way for weeks. When the reservations were made nothing was said until our group asked about breakfast. The hotel didn't offer any discount for the inconvenience which I thought was very poor customer service. I doubt we will say there again.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Janeroses,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because of some facilities being closed due to the pipe break. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Strike 1: It took me a few minutes to realize why my key card was not working. Once you swipe the card you have to pull the handle UP! Not down! I called the front desk and they said this would be fixed.

Strike 2: The internet was soooo slow. I called the front desk and they gave me a number to call. I called the number. 20 minutes later they called back and said it was an access point issue. The problem was resolved. However, it kicks me off every so often and I have to sign back on.

Strike 3, which pissed me off to no end: I show up to breakfast at 9:05am. Not a soul to be found. I asked where was breakfast and they said it ends at 9am. Wait a minute, the very nice sign clearly says 10am. The response: "Well, that sign should be changed."

Strike 4: 3 days later the door handle is still not fixed, the internet still kicks me off, and finally the SIGN IS STILL UP!

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE EVEN IF THEY OFFERED ME A FREE ROOM!! An extra $10 will get me free breakfast and much better service at a Hampton Inn or Marriott.

Oh yeah, just to twist the knife. No elevators.
Oh yeah #2, static tv.

Room Tip: If there are absolutely no hotels left anywhere in a 20 mile radius, choose a room on the first floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ChicagoFunGuy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was an affordable, clean, well kept, older Holiday Inn. Rooms had everything we needed, there was ample parking, and a friendly staff. We had a good nights sleep and both check-in and check-out were very quick and easy. All rooms were smoke-free, air conditioning, TV, and internet service worked well. As for its location, it is just off I-35 next to he Olathe Medical Center and only a block away from the Great Plains Mall. In addition, since the motel's restaurant was closed for dinner, there are several good restaurants within a mile (we ate a Red Robbin). There is no free breakfast, but the restaurant is open and they have a breakfast bar for quick meals. That all worked for us since we needed our Starbucks fix and hot oatmeal. Overall this was a good stay at a good price. We will use this Holiday Inn if we are in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean, great breakfast, and super friendly staff. Great price, lots of parking, and easy entrance points close to your room. Very close to major highways. Only issue one day was that our beds weren't made.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an older H I property with a big parking lot and a ballroom etc. The location is nice and there is a large mall across the street (although the mall is pretty dead). The price is one of the best for Holiday Inns in the KC area which helps a lot. The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable. So, overall a good value for the money. The breakfast is nothing to brag about but at least there is something available. So, I would say that if you are looking for a comfortable stay at a good price, this is a good choice. Jo at the front desk is very pleasant (and not hard to look at either ;-).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Papillion, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I liked this hotel for the money. No free breakfast, bit the restraunt on property is very good. Will stay again when I'm in the area. The only problem I had was the fire alarm went off for less than 30 seconds.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

For those of us that can't stand listening to the TV or loud conversation in the next room I would recommend that you stay somewhere else. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean but I could not sleep because the TV in the next room was on until 3AM.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Field M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the noise may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Olathe Inn? Share your experiences!