“Nice hotel, horrible to zero food” 3 of 5 stars

Olathe Inn
101 W. 151st Street, Olathe, KS 66061 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Greenville, SC
“Nice hotel, horrible to zero food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

GOOD HOTEL: This is a really clean nice and comfortable hotel with a pleasant and customer service oriented staff. Comfortable beds. Two sets of elevators. Easy access from parking out back; no parking out front door.

HORRIBLE BREAKFAST: Breakfast was just about the worst I ever experienced. Very small selection. Eggs were all dried out on the buffet, so I ordered eggs from the menu. The cook apparently had never cooked eggs before...they were equally bad.

ZERO FOOD: I arranged to meet two locals in the lobby for lunch. This hotel doesn't serve lunch, you have to drive to a restaurant. And of course there was no dinner served either, which was probably just as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear BillandPattiLee,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am delighted that you liked our hotel facilities and customer service oriented staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary performance with regard to breakfast selection and food availability. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am shocked to see some of the other postings about this hotel. As we entered the lobby, it was beautifully done with two fabulous chandeliers. That evening, Wayne, the maintainence man, explained in detail how the chandeliers were assembled and the renovations that were done to the hotel. (We enjoy talking with members of the hotel staff, since they are the ones that know the most about the hotel.) We made changes to our room when we arrived, changing it from 2 queen beds to 1 king without any problems, they were happy to accommadate our request. The gal at the front desk was helpful and cheery with a beautiful smile. Ryan, the gentleman at the front desk (he may have been the manager) was very pleasant, giving us a mini-tour of the hotel. Making sure that we knew how to get to the out-door pool (which averages about 85-90 degrees) and hot tub, where all the vending machines were and the location of the restaurant. He even made sure that we parked at the nearest enterance so we didn't have to walk very far. Our room was very nicely done, clean and roomy, the A/C worked well, the towels were fresh, soft and very white. I loved the bed...best nights sleep of the entire trip! Although the hot tub was a bit out dated, it was about 103 degrees, prefect to relax in without getting too overheated. I would recommend this hotel since it is also very close to the Mall and the Medical Center and the restaurant serving sizes were very ample, the room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Just about any place in the hotel would be good since our room was in the front of the hotel where t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Medicine Hat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a quick stay there this weekend. Price was good, they were able to pick me up at local airport, and as a priority member I got my free breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable, the only compliant I would have was there was no extra blankets. Meet my needs fine

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Staying here should be your last resort. The place smells, they don't clean the floors on a regular basis and the A/C didn't work most of the time. When I asked the front desk to have someone look at the A/C for my room the manager told me not to expect my room to be that cool, it wasn't possible. When I checked out they didn't ask how my stay was.

Room Tip: Stay at the Embassy Suites
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear beluga01,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have seen for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Front desk clerk was not welcoming at all. Got to my room and it was the only room on the second floor without a balcony. Requested to move rooms, and was placed in a room with a balcony, but the door to the balcony was broken. Room also had two queen beds, and ONE towel. Decided to hit the pool that looked really nice from a glance,it was disgusting. Brown film on top of the water, and the walls of the pool were filthy. Bed was comfortable,but not near enough to warrant an additional stay.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear zephyrgirl9,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy you found our beds to be comfortable. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the condition of the pool, room accommodations and services received from our front desk staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our room ac was hot, noisy and smelly. We were changed to another room after my 2 complaints to management. The 2nd room was hot and floors were terribly stained. We were transferred to another room that had better ac. It was even by the pool. It's obvious that you have to pay for the more expensive rooms to have an ac that can actually be controlled by the customer. Next time I will try Days Inn. We dropped an expensive pair of RX sunglasses while carrying luggage to our room. Went to pick them up and they were gone-stolen by another guest I assume. Hotel offered no compensation for a $250 pair of sunglasses. The spa didn't work most of the time. The pool temp was colder the 2nd @ 3rd days. The breakfast buffet was very good though.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get-remember that.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin? Room was hot. Turned thermostat to 60 hoping it would cool. It did not. And after repeated calls and returns to desk still no help. The pool has a green appearance. Only two towels are put in room after cleaning. Rooms are very small. NO ELEVATORS!!! Bathrooms are very small. Good points air works in lobby and the breakfast is good.

WILL NOT STAY AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Olathe Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear awful-2012,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Olathe and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted you found the breakfast to be good. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have seen in the city for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Been to Olathe Inn? Share your experiences!