“Just as good as the original.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 207 Restaurants in Olathe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery
“Just as good as the original.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is just as good as the original. With half the way time. Call in is still faster. The atmosphere is the big difference between the two restaurants. Still great.

• Visited April 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“"Great BBQ!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Living in Kansas City there are plenty of BBQ choices. And there are a couple of famous places that are simply more hype than good BBQ. Oklahoma Joe's is not simply just 'hype' it is simply just 'Great BBQ!!!'. I love their Cowtown Night of the Living Barbeque Sauce. The fries are great as well.

Overland Park, Kansas
“BBQ Friday's - A Great Family Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ordered a full slab of ribs and order of fries to take home to the family. We have tried to go to other places for our BBQ Fridays, but there is none better than Oklahoma Joe's. There were 15-20 people in line at 8:45 pm. It is very easy to place a phone order and then enjoy your meal at home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Altoona, IA
“Outstanding BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been looking for a reason to get to Oklahoma Joe's for a long time, and a recent trip took me through Olathe, KS, so we set our sights on BBQ. I was a little concerned when we pulled up a little after noon during the work week with a line almost out the door. Since we were in no particular hurry, we decided to wait. We were pleasantly surprised to find our wait was probably less than 10 minutes to get through the line, and our food was waiting for us as we paid. It was incredibly fast. Plenty of available seating meant that even though they were busy, we were not caught holding trays of food waiting for a table.

I had a brisket dinner with a side of beans and 2 bones of rib. Brisket was tender, moist and delicious. The ribs were sweet and meat pulled right off the bone. Even the beans were wonderful.

Oklahoma Joe's is now my favorite BBQ place in the KC area.

Kansas City, Missouri
“GREAT BBQ!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm not sure I've had bad BBQ in KC. I've had BBQ I like better than others...but nothing bad. We read all the reviews about Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and they live up to the hype! Very, very good. They have a variety of BBQ sauces to choose from. I love pulled pork and they don't disappoint. The fries are great.

They are closed on Sundays.... :-(