“I really loved this place” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“I really loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I started two weeks of travel here and landed and took off on either side of a bad storm. This place was very quiet and the room felt very luxorious to me. The bathroom had a nice shower, no tub, but SUPER clean. I sometimes worry when I see rust spots in the shower, but this was spotless. I felt as though I was in the lap of luxury, especially since I could easily adjust the thermostat to my preferred temperature range.

The restaurant was similarly good. I ate breakfast and dinner there and had a great glass of house red with dinner. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. I arrived when they were having some kind of event, but I never heard a thing when I went to sleep.

I like the fact that the fitness room was open 24 hours.

I would recommend this place to anyone. The streets in and out are well marked. My room faced away from the road but it was pretty quiet anyway. Lots of restaurant choices nearby.

Breakfast offerings were my only complaint. Wait staff was wonderful and attentive but oatmeal was an unappetizing brown crust when I arrived and I think the eggs were powdered. I still managed to eat well.

Room Tip: Face toward Strang and away from highway when possible
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed a week at this hotel. Plenty of restaurant choices around, many within walking distance. Also a movie theater and shopping with walking distance. I had booked a king suite. On the website it said there were two phone lines, which was true, but only one phone. I called downstairs and they confirmed only one phone. The front desk personnel where friendly. They have a gym room, pool, and business center. I wish they had a makeup mirror in the bathroom. It was difficult to get close enough to a mirror to put in my contacts and the mirror in the bedroom did not have enough light. The room service comes from the restaurant downstairs which is very good. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Colby, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Breakfast was not included. The bathroom needed some repair and was not sparkling clean. Beds were uncomfortable, especially the lumpy pillows. The pool was very nice and my children enjoyed it. Overall I would give the hotel a strong OK.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a lovely hotel, beautifully decorated, with great beds and a nice walk-in shower and very clean. However, the water pressure in the bathroom was so poor that it took me three times as long to take a shower just to get the shampoo out of my hair. This was a nice hotel, close to the AMC IMAX and lots of restaurants, but if you have long or thick hair, you might want to choose another hotel. Hey, when you stay in a hotel, the shower is important!

Room Tip: Rooms are large and have a fridge and microwave
Tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a wonderful stay - Our room looked as if we were the first people to stay there - it was immaculate and very nice. Great bed, and very quiet. The staff was helpful and everyone from the housekeepers to restaurant host were genuinely courteous and helpful Beautifully modern decor. Will stay there again.

Olathe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The rooms were beautiful and clean! The beds were the most comfortable of any hotel we've stayed at! The room was very much accomodated with a fridge also. The staff was very friendly and professional and the black out curtains aided to my good nights sleep. I was also impressed by the quietness of the room.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel after leaving my previous hotel in Overland Park, and was extremely pleased. The front desk had my room card and reservation all ready to go when I walked in the door which made the check in process a breeze. I went to the bar and had a steak and a glass of wine while doing some work on my laptop. The bartender was great with lots of suggestions that all were great tasting. The eco-friendly room was immaculate and spacious(being an honors member I received a complimentary upgrade to a suite). Breakfast In the mornings was great tasting every morning. Happy I made the switch to this hotel. I am not in town frequently but when I am this is definitely where I will be staying.

Green Features: The Master switches in the rooms entry way are cool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Olathe? Share your experiences!