“Don't trust them with your debit card.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Rolla, United States
“Don't trust them with your debit card.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hilton's policy at check in is to debit your credit/debit card for each night of stay even if your company is paying for the stay. They will ask you for your personal credit or debit card for "incidentals" when you check in. Don't give it to them because they put the charge on your card immediately. This will cause problems if you have limited funds. It takes a while for them to put the money back in your accout after you check out and they will blame it on your bank.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

excellent place. great service. brand new facilities. almost went to BWW or BBQ place next door and stayed in the hotel for food here.e great all around place. if you are looking for a new hotel with good amenities and good access its great. I go here on business and want to bring my family. great place

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A great hotel. Everything was very nice and it is in a great location...close to freeway, restaurants and shops. Room was very nice. Clean and comfortable. All staff were helpful and very courteous. Has a nice small continental type breakfast and a good restaurant attached. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Glenpool, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and beautiful. The lobby had comfortable places to sit with friends and visit. The staff was so accommodating and helpful with anything we needed. We booked it for the Garmin Marathon and I wouldn't hesitate to visit again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Friday, April 19th. I was in town for the Olathe Half Marathon. This hotel advertised/offered a 2pm check out for the runners. And, unlike other experiences I have had, this hotel actually kept to their word. While I realize this may not mean much to non-runners, it really makes a difference when you are up early, running, and trying to get back to your hotel to clean up and meet their early checkout requirements. So, nice to see a hotel stand behind what they offered.

As for the property, it appeared to be brand new. Everything was so clean, well organized, plenty of parking. There were also several dining options within walking distance. Easy on/off access to the freeway.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting Olathe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
West Fargo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently used this hotel for a business trip. The hotel is nice and new and also had a great staff. A few times I had a question for the staff and they were always pleasant when answering my question. Never did I feel that I was bothering them. This hotel also has a great on-site restaurant. I didn’t leave the hotel for dinner since I knew that I could get a great meal on-site. The hotel is easy to get to as it is centrally located to a Super Target and other various stores and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in Olathe or near by Olathe!

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was excited about reserving a room and spending quality time with my husband for my birthday. The overall experience at the hotel---location, room quality, room service--was great and I was prepared to give a great review. Right before departing my husband went downstairs to get a "to go" container for some leftovers that we had from the night before. As we were checking out he started to explain to the manager on duty that when he asked for the container the employee went to the kitchen and told her co-worker that she needed to get a container for "The Green Mile". For those whose don't know, this is referring to the African American inmate ( Michael Clarke Duncan) in the movie with Tom Hanks.

This was a racial slur directed at my husband because he is an African American man. This was totally uncalled for and staff at this location definitely need some diversity training. My husband gave her no reason to call him a name. What happened to hospitality and customer service? It's sad that one ignorant person and one incident can turn our otherwise wonderful stay into a total nightmare.

I hope the hotel realizes that employees like this will definitely steer customers of color "away" from their business. We are now considering what others steps we can take at this point. Racism is alive and real in 2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Olathe, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Johnson Family,
All of us here at Hilton Garden Inn Olathe apologize profusely for the unsuitable encounter that you had with one of our team members. It was unwarranted, senseless and we were immediately disheartened to hear that you were treated in such a manner. We cannot imagine the feelings that were provoked when this happened and we are with hope that we are able to convey our deepest regrets.

I hope that our previous conversations with you and your husband in regards to this have felt genuine and true. We would love to change your opinion of our hotel and our team members, because we truly do value every guest that we are privileged to accommodate.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Olathe? Share your experiences!