“family reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
chicago, United States
“family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

good hotel, me and my family really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn the breakfast were really nice with a lot of variety. although the internet connection was not working as well as we would have liked.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Overall good stay. This hotel is clean and very welcoming, upon entering the lobby. During my visit the front office staff was very very nice. Very helpful and smiling the entire time. I travel every week and stay at Hampton Inn properties all over the country and this location by far, had the friendlyest staff. What a great way to start the week being away from home. Thank you. If you are a health freak like me, the gym is terrible, however you can go to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street or you can get a pass from the Hilton Garden for a local gym close by. Nice option to have.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ballwin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had never stayed at this location before and sometimes Hampton Inns can be hit and miss, but this one was outstanding all around. Very clean, courteous staff. Convenient food nearby and within walking distance. Would stay again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I've stayed in several Hampton inns and much about them is the same: fresh clean beds, rooms and bathroom clean, complimentary breakfast, etc. These were things that are different that I really liked:

I liked that there was a separate breakfast room instead of just at the back of the lobby. This isn't a big deal but now that I've seen it set up differently, I like it! Big room, plenty of seating, variety of chairs, and several counters to spread things out on. I also liked there were no notes in the room asking for tips for the housekeeping staff. I've been in some hot tubs that were two dang hot to enjoy. This one was very hot, but not too hot and it was relaxing to sit in.

The hotel looks well taken care of. I reported a couple of minor issues in my room....shower head and toilet paper holder needed tightening....and those issues were taken care of in a matter of a few hours.

The only thing I didn't like was the parking. Most days it was great. However when the hotel was full, all of the parking spots were full. When I checked in at 3:00 a.m. (Delayed flight) on a Sunday morning, there weren't any available parking spots. The clerk said I should go to their overflow parking..down the street but connected to the hotels parking lot by stairs. I am a woman and said I wasn't comfortable parking far away from the hotel in the middle of the night and negotiating steps with my bags....it just didn't sound safe. The clerk brushed off my concerns saying "there's no crime here" and offered no other solutions. I asked if I could just leave my car at the front door as 2 other cars had already done (you couldn't even drive thru their overhang) but he said no. When asked why there were cars there he said they didn't ask permission, they just did it. I also asked about parking in a handicapped spot ( I was actually being put in a handicapped room) but he said I might get a ticket if a did. It was frustrating and I got no help from this clerk.

This conundrum could have been avoided completely if the hotel didn't let more than one parking spot taken up per room. Several guests were taking multiple spots with moving trucks, towing a trailer, or driving a sports car that they wanted to make sure no one parked too close to. I think those are the ones that should be asked to park in the overflow lot...they could have all the room they wanted.

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a T with the top of the T being the front of the hotel. There are a few par...
Lincoln, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They were having computer issues, but were able to check me in in a timely manner in spite of the computer not wanting to cooperate. The breakfast each morning was very nice and had hot and cold options.

New Castle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very clean and very comfortable. However, also very expensive!! Good location. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Easy access to I-35. Room had refrigerator and microwave so made it very convenient for travelers. Weather was nasty so we ate in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Olathe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel was a great hotel and very suitable for business or pleasure, family or individual. The accommodations were very nice and held to the Hampton Inn brand. They do honor military discount for all military (veterans included!) so that was a huge plus for us as we are veterans and it was nice to be given that discount. Says a lot about a company and Hampton Inn is great about that. The only negative comment I would give was the breakfast wasn't as good as I am typically accustomed to at many other Hampton's that I have stayed at. The eggs were like disc, most other Hamptons there are hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Olathe? Share your experiences!