“Unexpectedly Delighted!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Unexpectedly Delighted!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The blight of the deserted Great America mall aside, I was surprised by the quality of the accommodations here. As a business traveler I've stayed in many hotels charging 3 times the price I paid whose rooms and service were no better than this. Our room was spotlessly clean - and I'm pretty picky. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast buffet had a large selection on hand and it was restocked continually up until the cut off time. Nice!

The swimming pool/spa was the only location on the property that wasn't up to par. The water was a bit murky and a good scrubbing of the pool area is needed to earn my appreciation.

LaQuinta's pet friendly policy is unbeatable. They don't charge extra for pets as some hotels will do; in fact, we've incurred pet surcharges that doubled the price of our room at other hotels. Not here. Pets stay free at La Quinta. Nice!

I haven't stayed at this budget chain before now but after this experience I will give them another try - especially when we travel with our dog.

Room Tip: Avoid the Mall. It is mostly deserted.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Milford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

A nice place for the money. Clean, comfortable beds, nice rooms. The staff was helpful and courteous. The free breakfast was horrible but to be expected. Cold French toast, cold danishes, tasteless bagels. We were there for two nights and after the first bad breakfast experience, we opted for Cracker Barrel the next day. It wasn't the Sheraton, but for the money it was a good choice overall.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I feel everything was good. The only thing I seen was mold on the shower curtain. The room was clean with a/c already on. The common areas were clean. The front desk was attentive. They gave away cookies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here before and was great. The stay this time was like an entirely different hotel. Tried to check in but had to wait until the desk clerk finished texting his buddies. After waiting without being acknowledged i asked him if he worked here. His answer, "yup". Sheets were filthy. As in, spots and crumbs. Coiled up pubes. Ft desk told me "we dont have any more rooms". I was too tired to drive around and I could not get a refund so I was stuck making the best of it. I asked the ft desk person for change for the soda machine and the answer was "no, we don't make change". Loud party in the lobby until 1am. People hanging around outside all night long. Weirdos walking around parking lot looking in cars. No hot water and low water pressure. Room literally smelled like gasoline. Bed had crumbs in it and one of the pillows was dirty. The bathroom was dirty and one of the towels was used. I requested a military diacount as I have in the past and the clerk said no. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER LQ!!!!!! You lost my business!

• Stayed August 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I would like to apologize that your stay was not what you expected or deserved. Your concerns are taken very seriously and I would like the opportunity to do what I can to correct the situation. Please feel free to contact the property so I can assist you. Your concerns have already been shared with the entire team.

Yours In Hospitality,

Terri Beaulieu
913-254-0111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a great hotel. The price was a little high I thought but it was very comparable to others in the area. I would definitely stay again. The breakfast was not the best but it was better than going to a restaurant and paying those prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kinds words and feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Terri Beaulieu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice hotel, next to mall and right off the interstate, previously stayed at the holiday inn across the street which was about $20 cheaper and so glad we spent the extra 20 to stay here this time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe

Address: 20570 West 151st St, Olathe, KS 66061
Location: United States > Kansas > Olathe
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Business Hotel in Olathe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe 2.5*
The New LaQuinta Inn and Suites is located off Interstate 35 and 151st Street next door to the Olathe Medical Center and the Great Mall of the Great Plains. Complimentary Bright Side Breakfast is served daily. Guests will enjoy our Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center and Laundry Facility. All rooms have Tempurpedic Mattresses, a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, 32' flat screen TV and wireless Internet. We are pet friendly. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Hotel Olathe

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.