“Noisy place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Noisy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June '13. The hotel is reasonably clean and centrally located, but it was very noisy; more so than is typical for comparable hotes. I could hear the people upstairs walking across the floor, and there was a lot of bleed-over of noise from the adjacent rooms.

I called down to the front desk on a different matter and was put on hold for a real long time. This also happened to someone who called the hotel while I was being checked in. I suspect they're low on staff, and the staff they have may not be very efficient.

The room was mostly ok. Even though mine faced the freeway, there was no outside noise coming into the room; only that from the neighbors and people in the hallways.

Do I recommend the place? With caution. Maybe it's best to read reviews of some of the surrounding hotels to see if the rankings are any better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chanute
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Breakfast did not taste good. Have stayed in many comfort inn hotels and enjoyed the breakfast. This was way below there standards. Rooms were clean. Overall stay was average. Will probably stay again
I'll just bring breakfast food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Yukon, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Was a nicer hote then I thought it woudl be when i booked the room. I walked into the breakfast room at 9:45 and staff member came out and said in a harsh voice " you know the breakfast room has been closed for 45 minutes. I thought strange it closed so early and if closed why was door and food still out?

Room Tip: Breakfast closes early on weekends
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was a good stay overall, mainly thanks to Kevin, the second shift front desk clerk. He was extremely helpful, but way over worked. They seemed short on staff. Only one desk clerk per shift and only one housekeeper for the entire hotel. However these employees seemed very dedicated and worked hard to keep things running smoothly. The housekeeper who was really over loaded with work was always smiling and friendly.

Room Tip: Bottom floor seems to be quieter. Laundry room and vending are on second and third floor and have al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to I35, Target (with groceries), and restaurants. It was centrally located for my needs and the price is lower at this location than the one I normally stay so it was a win win for me.

The only complaint is the breakfast, it didn't change and was the same over the weekend (eggs, biscuit, and gravy) along with the standard other items; bagels, waffles, muffins, sweet rolls, yogart, apples, oranges, cereal, and hard boiled eggs. I didn't eat the breakfast on Monday so it may have changed. When the food and milk ran low or out it wasn't replaced timely so that limited your choices too.

The desk clerk was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were traveling to Iowa from Texas for Thanksgiving week. I often stay at Comfort Inn and this was at about the middle point of our trip. This was our first stay here and probably our last. I feel bad writing this review because the one standout feature of the property was the staff. They were helpful and friendly.

We arrived late in the evening with two very tired kids (ages 5 and 2). The first thing I noticed entering the room was the black streaks running down the wall under the heater/ac unit. The room smelled musty. I considered going back and asking for a different room but by the time my husband had come up with the luggage, I had turned down the heater so it wouldn't blow and I had started not to notice the smell so much. Since we were not traveling with the part of the family that is very sensitive to that, we decided just to ignore it. My husband said he thought the hallway smelled musty too.

On the good side, it had a refrigerator, indoor pool, an internet station in the lobby that did work well, and the bathroom was adequate for the price. It does not provide conditioner but I always carry an extra travel bottle just in case. The hotel was at the end of a road so I didn't hear any noise and it was convenient to other businesses.

I got the kids in bed. When I finally could fall down in bed, the bed was very firm and not comfortable for me at all. I got up and took something so that I could sleep despite the bed. That was strike two for me.

In the morning, I was up early to check out breakfast and was disappointed again. Not only was there no meat on the breakfast menu but the biscuits and gravy were out but not hot. This could be an isolated incident that just happened that morning but disappointing.

We did take the kids to the pool after breakfast to give them a little exercise before another day in the car seats. The pool was nice and there were no problems with that.

I probably should have notified the staff regarding the problems but I was tired and had two tired kids and just didn't get it done. We were in Room 125, I just needed to crash so I could get up and drive another day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for the night and decided to stay at this Comfort Inn. Easy access from the interstate and I liked the idea that the hotel sits at the end of a dead end road, eliminating some road noise. Check in was good, the front desk person was very helpful. The room was clean, and I like having the fridge and microwave. There is an Aldi's grocery store closeby, so I stopped and got some snacks. There also is a Target near the hotel, too. I plan on being in the area next spring, and definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Olathe? Share your experiences!