“Comfortable and a good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Comfortable and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was a good stay overall, mainly thanks to Kevin, the second shift front desk clerk. He was extremely helpful, but way over worked. They seemed short on staff. Only one desk clerk per shift and only one housekeeper for the entire hotel. However these employees seemed very dedicated and worked hard to keep things running smoothly. The housekeeper who was really over loaded with work was always smiling and friendly.

Room Tip: Bottom floor seems to be quieter. Laundry room and vending are on second and third floor and have al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to I35, Target (with groceries), and restaurants. It was centrally located for my needs and the price is lower at this location than the one I normally stay so it was a win win for me.

The only complaint is the breakfast, it didn't change and was the same over the weekend (eggs, biscuit, and gravy) along with the standard other items; bagels, waffles, muffins, sweet rolls, yogart, apples, oranges, cereal, and hard boiled eggs. I didn't eat the breakfast on Monday so it may have changed. When the food and milk ran low or out it wasn't replaced timely so that limited your choices too.

The desk clerk was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were traveling to Iowa from Texas for Thanksgiving week. I often stay at Comfort Inn and this was at about the middle point of our trip. This was our first stay here and probably our last. I feel bad writing this review because the one standout feature of the property was the staff. They were helpful and friendly.

We arrived late in the evening with two very tired kids (ages 5 and 2). The first thing I noticed entering the room was the black streaks running down the wall under the heater/ac unit. The room smelled musty. I considered going back and asking for a different room but by the time my husband had come up with the luggage, I had turned down the heater so it wouldn't blow and I had started not to notice the smell so much. Since we were not traveling with the part of the family that is very sensitive to that, we decided just to ignore it. My husband said he thought the hallway smelled musty too.

On the good side, it had a refrigerator, indoor pool, an internet station in the lobby that did work well, and the bathroom was adequate for the price. It does not provide conditioner but I always carry an extra travel bottle just in case. The hotel was at the end of a road so I didn't hear any noise and it was convenient to other businesses.

I got the kids in bed. When I finally could fall down in bed, the bed was very firm and not comfortable for me at all. I got up and took something so that I could sleep despite the bed. That was strike two for me.

In the morning, I was up early to check out breakfast and was disappointed again. Not only was there no meat on the breakfast menu but the biscuits and gravy were out but not hot. This could be an isolated incident that just happened that morning but disappointing.

We did take the kids to the pool after breakfast to give them a little exercise before another day in the car seats. The pool was nice and there were no problems with that.

I probably should have notified the staff regarding the problems but I was tired and had two tired kids and just didn't get it done. We were in Room 125, I just needed to crash so I could get up and drive another day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for the night and decided to stay at this Comfort Inn. Easy access from the interstate and I liked the idea that the hotel sits at the end of a dead end road, eliminating some road noise. Check in was good, the front desk person was very helpful. The room was clean, and I like having the fridge and microwave. There is an Aldi's grocery store closeby, so I stopped and got some snacks. There also is a Target near the hotel, too. I plan on being in the area next spring, and definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ritzville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My only complaint was location. The hotel sits behind a bunch of other businesses and is a bit difficult to get to, but provides great access to shopping, food and the interstate. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were very pleased with the front desk staff, in particular, with Terry. He was very pleasant & helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we made a reservation for our return trip as well. The rooms were great: clean, beds very comfy, microwave & small fridge, and large bathroom. Free hot breakfast was good. Nice to have a pool & hot tub to relax in. Definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Requested room away from elevator & vending/ice. They do accomodate pets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here several years ago and were quite satisfied, but this time we were disappointed in several ways. Although the staff who checked us in were very friendly, when walking into the room there was a distinct musty smell and when we turned up the fan on the a/c it blew out a strong moldy smell. Then we noticed the water damage on the ceiling, which explained it. There was definitely a level of humidity in the room, so much so that the the toilet paper and kleenex had a damp feel. In addition, they really skimp now on the toiletries (no conditioner, no water glasses, no shower caps) The toilet paper roll holder was obviously falling out of the wall. The fire alarm lights blinked constantly on the ceiling, which was pretty distracting. The bedding is dated and less comfortable than other similarly priced accommodations with ugly bedspreads and inexpensive pillows. There was even a garter snake in the hallway as we exited the elevator. Ugh. All in all it didn't live up to other Comfort Inns and Suites that we have visited recently.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Olathe? Share your experiences!