“Comfort Inn isn't entirely comfortable” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Champaign, Illinois
“Comfort Inn isn't entirely comfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here several years ago and were quite satisfied, but this time we were disappointed in several ways. Although the staff who checked us in were very friendly, when walking into the room there was a distinct musty smell and when we turned up the fan on the a/c it blew out a strong moldy smell. Then we noticed the water damage on the ceiling, which explained it. There was definitely a level of humidity in the room, so much so that the the toilet paper and kleenex had a damp feel. In addition, they really skimp now on the toiletries (no conditioner, no water glasses, no shower caps) The toilet paper roll holder was obviously falling out of the wall. The fire alarm lights blinked constantly on the ceiling, which was pretty distracting. The bedding is dated and less comfortable than other similarly priced accommodations with ugly bedspreads and inexpensive pillows. There was even a garter snake in the hallway as we exited the elevator. Ugh. All in all it didn't live up to other Comfort Inns and Suites that we have visited recently.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 4th and 5th, 2012. This was my second time to Olathe in less than a month on business. I was relieved to find out my group was staying at the Comfort Inn since we had a relatively unpleasant experience at the Holiday Inn a few weeks prior. The breakfast was average at best, it was mostly clean (I only saw one dead cockroach on the lobby floor that was there for all of our days of the visit), and the staff, however, was extremely nice and helpful. If I had to go back to Olathe, I would pick this hotel over the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Warrensburg, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Booked a group stay here. Cancelled rooms, received cancellation number from Manager, called back to verify all rooms had been cancelled a few days later, told they were. A week later my card had been charged for the rooms. Manager states he does not recall speaking with me, cancellation number I was given is now showing up under another room? Owner refuses to do the right thing and refund my money. Choice Hotels will never receive any of my business again.

Randolph, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We has a room right near the front desk. Convienent and it had a high ceiling. It was nice.

Most of my complaints are in regards to the amenities. The pool was freezing. My kids were shivering in there. I tried it but couldn't get in past my knee. One of the reasons that we stayed here was becuase of the pool. Not worth it.

As stated in other reviews the breakfast was horrible. I expected some sort of meat like sausage or bacon but all I got was bad eggs and biscuits and gravy. I had some coffee and took the kids out for breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I thought by reading the other reviews that this would be a good hotel to stay at for one night but my experience with this hotel was less than pleasant. I had the unfortunate luck of getting bit by a spider while sleeping there which left a huge painful bump on my leg. In the morning my husband was not able to get any hot water for his shower because the faucet handle to the bathtub was broken. Water came pouring out of the handle the minute he tuned it and only cold water would come out the faucet or shower head. When I went to shower, I somehow got some hot water (although water was still pouring from the handle) but the plug for the bathtub was broken so I could not take a bath. When my son went to shower, my husband tried to turn the handle to get hot water for him but at that point the handle completely broke and we could no longer even turn the water off...my son didn't even get the chance to shower. We got our stuff togther and went to check out because we were now pressed for time after dealing with the shower and all the front desk said when I told them that the faucet was broken and my husband didn't have ANY hot water for his shower was that they would take a look at that. The other disappointment was breakfast...the area was dirty and we tried twice to make a waffle but they provided no spray for the waffle maker so it stuck both times and I was left trying to scrape pieces off of it.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Limited offerings. No meat at breakfast like their website states. Gravy without sausage and hot "eggs" were some sort of patty, definitely not an omelette. They did have boiled eggs. The room was fine, large bathroom, good beds, good a/c.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This Comfort Inn is located in a great location with plenty of fast food and dine in restaurants located near by. Rooms are nice and clean and very quite. There is also breakfast served in the mornings in the lobby and is quite good.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor but the elevator was nice and quite and no problems.