“Best Western Plus - Olathe” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Saint Paul
“Best Western Plus - Olathe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Greeting upon arrival. Check in process was quick and easy. Friendly staff. Room was very nice - king bed with couch. TV for the bedroom and slightly smaller one for the couch area. TV/Cable froze late at night, but didn't care as we were going to bed. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good. Better than I've had at most places. Internet, when I could get connected, was slow at best. But again, didn't matter too much. Plenty of restaurants nearby and convenient to the freeway. Paid $113+ for a one night stay (AAA rate.)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW-Gen-Mgr, Asst. General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
I am pleased that you had great things to write about our hotel! I feel awful that your TV froze up late at night and the internet was slow. We hope to see you again when you are traveling through Olathe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Olpe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great place to stay. it is clean, nice staff, in door pool with hot tub. Nice breakfast. The rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable. There was a lot of kids in the building for a baseball tournament and it was very quiet. This is only twenty minutes to Legends and the speedway. Very reasonable price and good location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW-Gen-Mgr, Asst. General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your GREAT review. We are glad that you were happy with the product that we supply our guests. We are also, working on some updates in the pool area and a few variety changes on the breakfast! We look forward to your next visit.
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Rooms and bathroom are very clean. Hot breakfast is typical American (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit, waffles, and other cold pastries/breads/juices).

The staff members are very friendly. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job with cleaning and maintaining rooms.

This was a business trip and we had multiple rooms. All my colleagues were happy. I am traveling to Olathe again next month and have already booked two more weeks at this hotel for both me and another colleague.

The Fitness center is adequate with a treadmill, elliptical, and reclined stationary bike for cardio and a weight machine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased that you think so highly of our staff. It shows that they care about our guests and want to provide a friendly and clean product. We aim for high customer service and I know that you can see this by our reviews on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to your next visit.
Kirksville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very poor staff. The hotel itself is not bad except one elevator that is super slow. Breakfast ok. Rooms Ok. Man at the desk needs some training on how to make someone feel like a customer and not a drinking buddy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW-Gen-Mgr, Asst. General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I feel awful that you were treated poorly by one of our staff members. This is not acceptable! I will be contacting you to discuss the particulars in regards to our staff member. I realize that you stay here every year and we hope to continue to have your business.
Hays, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Not a kid friendly hotel at all. The staff was not friendly and not helpful. The breakfast was sub-par (the eggs looked horrific.) We stayed 3 nights and we only ate breakfast there the first morning because it was so bad. We stayed in the king "suite," but I didn't think it was any better than any other regular Best Western rooms we've stayed in. The bed wasn't very comfortable at all, it had the "valleys" you always run into.

The last two nights we stayed there was some sports team staying in all of the rooms around us. They were loud, obnoxious, slamming doors all throughout the afternoon so our kids couldn't take a nap. Then when we were trying to get them to bed at 8:30p, after not getting a nap, we get a call from the front desk that we're being too loud. Seriously, 8:30p? Pretty incredible. Fine for a couple, don't bring the family.

Room Tip: Don't stay here... but at least ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I want to apologize that you did not feel welcome at our hotel with your family. I remember traveling when my daughter was little and it is nice for them to get a nap during the day. I am not sure why our staff member gave you a complaint call when it must have been obvious that the hotel was already loud by other guests. I did leave you a message in regards to the night that you were called by our staff so that I can address it with the appropriate staff member. I hope to hear from you soon.
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Well maintained, very clean, easy access to interstate, reasonable distance from airport (MCI). Close to Arrowhead Stadium. Nice fitness room. Bed was a little soft for my comfort and prefer long pillows as opposed to 15" square pillows. Lot to see and do in KC. Will be staying here again next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW-Gen-Mgr, Asst. General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I appreciate all the great things you noted about our hotel. We try our best to provide a quality product for our guests. Look forward to seeing you again while in Kansas City.
Brecksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room was very clean and inviting. The breakfast was well arranged and managed. My room faced the highway and still very little road noise. I would defiantly stay again. The desk staff was there, but could have been a little more attentive details on the billing. Corrections were needed.

Room Tip: No real good place to walk the dog. However, the back near the highway had the longest stretch of f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that there were issues with your billing and delayed you on your departure. I can understand when you are ready to depart and have to wait for a problem to be fixed that should have never been there.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast variety that we provide our guests. This is a great way for us to help jump start your day.

Look forward to your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!