“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

On a recent trip we stayed at the Best Western Plus in Olathe, Kansas. It was a great ending to a beautiful day. The room was very comfortable with a separate area for TV viewing as well as a TV in the bedroom area. The breakfast had a good variety of items and was very well prepared.. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to be sure everything was just right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Camdenton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sister, daughter and granddaughters stay at the Olathe BW each year during the MS Border Walk. We have never experienced any difficulties with our stay in the many times we have visited. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious and the staff is always friendly and accommodating. Thanks again Shaunak Patel, for another great visit to your facility!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Mr. Patel, the owner, take great pride in keeping his hotel in top notch condition. His staff is very helpful and knowledgable about the area. We will be staying here again the next time we are in the area visiting family. Great place.

• Stayed May 2013
BW-Gen-Mgr, Asst. General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Mr. Patel will be very glad to hear that we have satisfied another return guest. Glad your stay was as enjoyable and up to your expectations from us. Look forward to your next visit.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was a great location for me, but it is a way from downtown KC. The hotel was nice and I had a nice quite stay. The fitness center was nice and the continental breakfast was fine and the breakfast area was good. The service staff were friendly and the room was clean. The hotel is fairly new and in good shape. The hallway carpet had a few stains, but not bad. Very good value and a nice stay.

Room Tip: I booked on Best Western .com and I think they gave me a free room upgrade. The room upgrade was awe...
Green Features: I notice Missouri and the small bit of Kansas that I visited were not very intent on recycling. This hotel adopted common practices of the industry, but nothing exceptional on being environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Olathe BW for a graduation trip. We were disappointed several times during our trip and will probably go back to staying in Overland Park when we visit. There were a couple of positives. The assistant manager was nice and the price for the room was good. The hotel was also more stylish than other Best Westerns we've seen. We aren't big BW travelers.

The negatives were: 1. We couldn't check in to one of our rooms for several hours after the check in time. The hotel was also supposed to call and let us know when it was ready and they never did. 2. The check in took about 35 minutes in total and there was only 1 person working the front desk. 3. The bathroom was not very clean when we arrived. 4. The wireless and lobby "business center" was not working for several hours during the weekend and it took over an hour to check in for flights and print boarding passes.

We were really hoping to find an alternative to Overland Park hotels and unfortunately, we'll stick to the more expensive hotels that are worth the extra price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I feel horrible that your stay did not go very well.

Based on the bulk of the reviews we have to date I can say we take our customers' experience very seriously.

Although I know there were several operational issues this Friday that caused check-in problems, there are no excuses.

I would hate to see you pay more elsewhere because of this one experience.

I would appreciate greatly the opportunity to get another chance.

Once again, I apologize for your experience but I assure you it is not our norm.
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I woulds like to highly recommend the Best Western Hotel in Olathe Kansas. We switched to this hotel after staying in other chains in the area and noticing they were no longer up to our standards. The Best Western Hotel in Olathe was so wonderful that we won't stay anywhere else as a result. It is owned by Mr Patel. He knows how to run a hotel as you will notice by the comments we have left. The staff is outstanding. The rooms we stayed in had two flat screen televisions. Each came with sanitized remote controls. Not one thing was out of place. The beds were very comfortable. You can't find a more welcoming place to stay. Hot coffee awaits you in the lobby. This was much needed on a visit during a very cold stay last Christmas. A tasty breakfast awaits you each morning and is included in the price. Sausage, eggs, waffles, pastries juices, biscuits, yogurt and much more . We travel all over the world and I must say this is one of the best hotels of any in all respects. Don't even bother to stay anywhere else. But maybe I shouldn't tell you this because all of the rooms might be taken the next time we try to book there. I give this hotel a perfect score. Or most recent visit was May 4th-6th, 2013
Janusz & Eva K.

Room Tip: All rooms were equally excellent every time we stayed. They all had te same floor plan. We selected...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
It's not too often that we get a guest like you that truly cares and understands the value of reviews.

Thank you so much for this review and your kind words...ESPECIALLY mentioning me because I rarely get mentioned in reviews!

Looking forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I just finished a visit to Best Western Plus in Olathe. This was probably at least my 10th stay in this hotel and it feels like home. The rooms are large and clean and the service is top notch. They still have much of the same desk staff as they had at our first visit and they greet us by name. My husband is disabled and they always try to give us the room that they know works best for him. This trip was just the two of us but I have hosted my children and grandchildren in this hotel frequently. They love the pool and the always available hot chocolate. The host at breakfast keeps the food fresh and inviting and stays cheerful even when our toddlers invariably spill something. The location is great for Olathe, Lenexa, or Overland Park visits due to its convenient location just off of I-35 but we also stay here when traveling through KC or for trips downtown because of the level of comfort.

Room Tip: The1 King bed rooms have a partition and a couch with a second tv which makes an excellent place to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We have worked really hard to get our breakfast to a point that it is appreciated by our guests and you pointing it out on Tripadvisor makes me truly happy!

Thank you for your feedback and we'll see you next time!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!