“Will stay here for KC trips” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derby, KS
“Will stay here for KC trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We have friends that live in the area and so we stay here a couple times a year. It's perfect for our get togethers no matter the season. Definately good for families with kids. We have never had an issue with staying here. It's comfortable and mostly quiet. And that's saying something since we often seem to manage to stay the same weekends as kids' sports teams are in town for tournaments. Plenty of food options and a Target are very close too. This is our hotel of choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2012
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Great to hear you'll always consider us when staying Olathe!

We love the sports business we get but understand that our other guests must be respected and have learned how to handle the teams so as to not jeopardize keeping your business.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It was the night of the super bowl and after a long 9 hour drive in to town I found a warm place to stay. I would recommend this homey atmosphere. The Staff was very helpful and my children were ready to move in.

Room Tip: Room 110 is close to the pool. Just remember your suit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Sophia,

Thank you so much for the kind words...I remember your little girl was so complimentary of our place...if I can make her happy I know I made you happy!

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Spirit Lake, Iowa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful, spacious room. Loved the extra area for a second tv and sofa. Very clean and well decorated. A class hotel with a reasonable price. The desk person was welcoming and helpful in response to our questions of a route to our son's home. The breakfast was adequate and similar to other Best Western cuisine. We stay in Best Western hotels and are Reward Card members. We are happy to find this hotel although it is in a different suburb than our son's house. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am extremely happy you enjoyed your stay and when you come back to visit your son please always make sure you stay with us...your Best Western Rewards account will be happier for it!
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I only spent one night at this hotel but it was a very pleasant stay. Check in was quick and the gentleman provided great dinner recommendations. The room was very clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast was basic with some hot items along with cereals, yogurt, and breads. There are also two fast food restaurants next door to the hotel. I will definately stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Great to hear to had a nice stay and Ken was so helpful in finding you places to dine...we look forward to your next stay!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times now and have yet to be let down. The rooms were new and clean and very modern. There was a good amount of space in the room and the bathrooms are very beautiful.

Kudos to the staff for being helpful as well. We booked on points so we were only able to book the double queen suite. I prefer the king with the sofabed due to my children and when I checked in the woman at the desk switched me to the king room and didn't charge me extra for it.

On my return trip a couple days later I went to the front desk at about 2 am as my infant needed milk and I couldn't find her formula. The man at the front desk was more than willing to get me some milk so I could get her back to sleep.

I will say I am not a fan of the small pillows though. There are quite a few on the bed, but they are about the size of half of a pillow. Very hard to get comfortable while sleeping on them.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Olathe area. My only tip is don't go to the mall across the way from the hotel...lol. It has seen better times.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but you can hear people walking above you if you are sensitive to that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Great to hear to had a nice stay!

You know what they say: 3 times makes a trend!

We're working on the pillows...they will be enhanced this year. Hopefully on your next visit you'll see those.

It is great to hear my staff was so helpful...it sounds like they need to be recognized for that!

We hope to see again soon!
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent five nights at this hotel over Christmas. This is a pet friendly hotel and we took are dog with us. The room was clean and did not smell like animal urine, or like animals period.. We had a King Suite and it was perfect for us. The room had two TV's, a leather couch, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The room was very sound proof also, which was great. The shampoo, conditioner, and soap the hotel provided was of top quality. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was much better than most hotels. They had a nice pool with hot tub. Free coffee, tea, and a water cooler by the front desk were available at all times. We had a second floor room and the hotel had an elevator which was great for walking our dog as she is 13 yrs old and doesn't do stairs well. We go to Olathe a few times a year and for certain, we will stay in this hotel from now on.

Room Tip: Pet Friendly, and very clean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Great to hear to had a nice stay!

We have come to find out that making our pet friendly is important as this one's pet is just as family to them as a human child and we don't want to have you leave your pet out in bad weather--although I have had parents tell me they wouldn't mind leaving their kids outside :)

I truly look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have no immediate family, so my son thought that a swim party we do for his birthday, would be a good present for his christmas. He loves the indoor pool and he swam in and out of the pool and hot tub. We all enjoyed the room and the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Great to hear your son had a good time for his pool Birthday party!

Think of us again next time you just "wanna get away"!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!