“Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Olathe
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times now and have yet to be let down. The rooms were new and clean and very modern. There was a good amount of space in the room and the bathrooms are very beautiful.

Kudos to the staff for being helpful as well. We booked on points so we were only able to book the double queen suite. I prefer the king with the sofabed due to my children and when I checked in the woman at the desk switched me to the king room and didn't charge me extra for it.

On my return trip a couple days later I went to the front desk at about 2 am as my infant needed milk and I couldn't find her formula. The man at the front desk was more than willing to get me some milk so I could get her back to sleep.

I will say I am not a fan of the small pillows though. There are quite a few on the bed, but they are about the size of half of a pillow. Very hard to get comfortable while sleeping on them.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Olathe area. My only tip is don't go to the mall across the way from the hotel...lol. It has seen better times.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but you can hear people walking above you if you are sensitive to that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Great to hear to had a nice stay!

You know what they say: 3 times makes a trend!

We're working on the pillows...they will be enhanced this year. Hopefully on your next visit you'll see those.

It is great to hear my staff was so helpful...it sounds like they need to be recognized for that!

We hope to see again soon!

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent five nights at this hotel over Christmas. This is a pet friendly hotel and we took are dog with us. The room was clean and did not smell like animal urine, or like animals period.. We had a King Suite and it was perfect for us. The room had two TV's, a leather couch, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The room was very sound proof also, which was great. The shampoo, conditioner, and soap the hotel provided was of top quality. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was much better than most hotels. They had a nice pool with hot tub. Free coffee, tea, and a water cooler by the front desk were available at all times. We had a second floor room and the hotel had an elevator which was great for walking our dog as she is 13 yrs old and doesn't do stairs well. We go to Olathe a few times a year and for certain, we will stay in this hotel from now on.

Room Tip: Pet Friendly, and very clean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Great to hear to had a nice stay!

We have come to find out that making our pet friendly is important as this one's pet is just as family to them as a human child and we don't want to have you leave your pet out in bad weather--although I have had parents tell me they wouldn't mind leaving their kids outside :)

I truly look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have no immediate family, so my son thought that a swim party we do for his birthday, would be a good present for his christmas. He loves the indoor pool and he swam in and out of the pool and hot tub. We all enjoyed the room and the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Great to hear your son had a good time for his pool Birthday party!

Think of us again next time you just "wanna get away"!
The Villages, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel. I normally stay elsewhere but decided to try this place. It was so very nice. I visit my grandchildren in the area at leat 4 times a year and this is the best trip so far. Everyone was friendly. The hotel was clean. The pool was perfect. The staff was so nice. Just simply a wonderful stay and I will be back for all my future visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
That is so great to hear!

We try our best to maintain guest happiness and we love hearing comments like yours. It really does help other people in deciding where to stay.

Thank you again for the great review and we'll see you soon!
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband & I r over the road truck drivers. So we've stayed in alot of hotels. & this hotel is one of the best we've ever stayed @. The staff has been very friendly & helpful. The room is nice & @ a reasonable rate for a suite. If you have puppy dogs, they r ok with that too. But it is $10 per night per dog. If you r looking for a higher quality room, this is the place to go. This hotel is close to several restuarants, a mall with a movie theatre that is walking distance. For our fellow truckers, there is a small truck stop if you have a trailer, right next door. But you do need to get there early b4 parking is gone. You can park your trk @ the hotel. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Kristi S,

SO GLAD TO HEAR TO ENJOYED YOUR STAY!

We absolutely love being the hotel where an over-the-road truck driver can "move out" of the cab and get a comfortable night's rest and a great breakfast.

We know what truck drivers mean to our economy and welcome them!

We hope to see you again soon and thanks again for the GREAT review.
Romeoville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my new favorite hotel anywhere! We were in town for a funeral and I was so happy that I did not have to worry about anything staying at the Best Western Plus in Olathe Kansas. I will not stay anywhere else in the Kansas City Area. This has been my 4th or 5th stay at this hotel and the staff is always very professional and helpful. The rooms are always cleaned just the way I like it because I have the opportunity to let them know what I want with those little cards they leave for you. Breakfast is the best for a hotel without a restaurant. Always comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly and tell them what you want, they will do everything in their power t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Fantastic!

I'm happy to see you were so satisfied...especially when you're here for a funeral and already "on edge". It's good to here my staff took care of you!

If there is anything we could ever improve upon, I would love to hear it.

Thank you again.
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had to contact the hotel for a reservation while on the road. I wish I could recall the gentleman's name who was so very helpful for directions and after arrival that all was OK with the room. Comfy bed and pillows!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Your review is extrememly helpful to other potential guests as guidance on where to stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and writing a great one at that!

Shaunak Patel
Best Western PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!