“Good value in an older motel off the interstate” 3 of 5 stars

1st Travel Inn
708 Center Avenue, Oakley, KS 67748   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Liberty, Missouri
“Good value in an older motel off the interstate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This motel is a step back in time. It retains much of its 1950s era decor as a U.S. Highway 83 motel: Outside room entrances, aqua tile in the bathrooms, simple furnishings, and not that many rooms. The proprietors seem to live in quarters attached to the property. I have stayed there twice in the last few years and have had suitable experiences both times, and with different owners. You have to drive a couple of miles off of I-70 into downtown Oakley to get to it. I like the fact that it is away from the loud interstate traffic. The small town main street location has a certain charm to it. The hotel is clean, but not fancy at all. Prices are modest. This hotel is not as nice as most hotels I rate three stars on this web site, but it is much better than "poor"(the two-star rating), so call it two and one-half stars. Plus the price is very good. They have their own web site and you can book direct and sometime save a bit more.

This motel seems to do a lot of its business with people just passing through on I-70 and hunters during season.

Note that this is not the 1st Interstate Inn, which is a different motel close to I-70.

Finally, Oakley has some very good and interesting local restaurants for the traveler.

I probably will return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hamilton, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and I left home for a much anyicipated trip and he was unexpedtedly hospitalized the night before our reservation and they will not make an exception even for that. The man on the phone said he had no proof. Well, obviously if my husband is in the hospital, I can provide proof. He was quite rude.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oakley hotels

Been to 1st Travel Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about 1st Travel Inn

Address: 708 Center Avenue, Oakley, KS 67748
Location: United States > Kansas > Oakley
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Our goal is to provide a home away from home, in a socially responsible manner that challenges us and others to learn and grow. We view our customers, employees and vendors as partners in our mutual continued growth. We see the 1st Travel Inn as a vehicle by which all of our partners can contribute to our society and environment in a respectful and enjoyable atmosphere. We look forward to provide clean, healthy, green lodging and pertinent information that exceeds expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelBookers and Booking.com so you can book your 1st Travel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage 1st Travel Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.