“Rundown” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy

You added Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 EAST Frontage Rd., Kansas City South -Exit# 228B, Merriam, KS 66202 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Killen, Alabama
“Rundown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Most times Comfort Inns are a good value. I didn't feel that about this one. The room was small and the carpet was dirty and there was a musty smell in the lobby and hallways. The outside of the hotel looks like it was renovated in 1982. I would not recommend his hotel. Rundown is the best way to descrie it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mazatlan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family of three spent five nights at the Comfort Inn. The room is far from huge, but the two double beds were adequate and there was enough space to stash empty suitcases, etc. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast a little better than most. Laundry facilities on site was a plus as was the comfy furniture in the lobby for sitting around and talking. The Internet was stronger than most and free - no attempts are made to up charge for increased speed. The manager is on site and involved in the day to day management. He is every personable and a good host.

Room Tip: Back of the building is far from any street noise and is where the elevator is located. Parking in b...
Hiawatha, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a room,over the phone, for a king bed with a pullout couch. When we arrived we received a room, queen bed and a chair. This would not accomidate the three of us. We were told they always overbook and our reserved room had been taken by a large group. We canceled only to get home to find they still billed my credit card. Watch out !! The place is also an old dump.

Moberly, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is an average hotel with clean rooms and an amazing breakfast. Our room had brand new carpet and bed spreads. Our room was clean and everything worked properly. The only thing it didn't have was an ironing board. The rooms had coffee and a microwave and refrigerator, as well as a large flat-screen TV with lots of channel choices to keep our kids happy in the evening.

The morning breakfast was great! Hot eggs, sausages, waffles, biscuits and gravy, along with bagels, danishes, oatmeal, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and more. It had choices for everyone and since we stayed multiple days we could try everything. Nothing was bad, all was delicious and fresh. The woman who took care of the dining room while we were visiting was kind and courteous, always asking us if we needed anything and wishing us a good day.

Front desk staff was helpful, too. Checkout was a breeze. Overall, we had a very nice stay and would gladly stay again. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from downtown KS, and is close to several fast food restaurants, gas stations, and a Walmart. There's a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel. I didn't notice any other sit-down restaurants, but I wasn't really looking for any during our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Coppell, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this facility for the past 9 years when visiting family in the Kansas City area. It is on I35 and very convenient to really anywhere in the Kansas City metro area. It is an older facility, but the owners and operators are constantly upgrading - with modern furnishings, HD TV, great WiFi, etc. The premises are well maintained and the area is safe. For the money, it is a bargain!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I found hair on my sheets, in the sink and bathtub. The bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned properly in years. Hot breakfast items were cold and it was the start of breakfast so it should have been fresh and very hot, the milk smelled very sour. While sitting in the breakfast room eating we saw 2 roaches run across the counter. I brought this to the attention of the gentleman that was working before he left and after his finished his cigarette and he did not seem to care or to want to warm anything up for us. The lady that came in right after him seemed to hate her job and was not helpful at all. Our keys stopped working and she said it was our fault. We checked out early because we are staying for several weeks and could not stomach the fact that roaches are running around the food and our rooms were not cleaned in a proper manner. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at the Drury Inn next door. It's worth the $10 more that you pay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cordova, Tn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Sister Inn to Quality Inn about 1/2 mile south. Comfort Inn cost a little more and after staying at both Inns on this trip cannot see the difference except in cost. Both Inns had the same quality breakfast except that Quality had bacon and eggs on menu for me that isn't worth the extra $10.00 dollars per night. Both had nice clean rooms and basely the same floor plan. Both motels are easily accessible from I-35.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnMerriam, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. You may have the 2 sister properties confused. It is us, the Comfort Inn that has bacon and eggs for breakfast and is located north of the Quality Inn.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy? Share your experiences!