“Comfort Inn, Merriam, Ks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy

You added Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 EAST Frontage Rd., Kansas City South -Exit# 228B, Merriam, KS 66202 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Comfort Inn, Merriam, Ks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this facility for the past 9 years when visiting family in the Kansas City area. It is on I35 and very convenient to really anywhere in the Kansas City metro area. It is an older facility, but the owners and operators are constantly upgrading - with modern furnishings, HD TV, great WiFi, etc. The premises are well maintained and the area is safe. For the money, it is a bargain!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I found hair on my sheets, in the sink and bathtub. The bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned properly in years. Hot breakfast items were cold and it was the start of breakfast so it should have been fresh and very hot, the milk smelled very sour. While sitting in the breakfast room eating we saw 2 roaches run across the counter. I brought this to the attention of the gentleman that was working before he left and after his finished his cigarette and he did not seem to care or to want to warm anything up for us. The lady that came in right after him seemed to hate her job and was not helpful at all. Our keys stopped working and she said it was our fault. We checked out early because we are staying for several weeks and could not stomach the fact that roaches are running around the food and our rooms were not cleaned in a proper manner. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at the Drury Inn next door. It's worth the $10 more that you pay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cordova, Tn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Sister Inn to Quality Inn about 1/2 mile south. Comfort Inn cost a little more and after staying at both Inns on this trip cannot see the difference except in cost. Both Inns had the same quality breakfast except that Quality had bacon and eggs on menu for me that isn't worth the extra $10.00 dollars per night. Both had nice clean rooms and basely the same floor plan. Both motels are easily accessible from I-35.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnMerriam, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. You may have the 2 sister properties confused. It is us, the Comfort Inn that has bacon and eggs for breakfast and is located north of the Quality Inn.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

They advertise truck parking, but I didn’t see any designated spots, just a large lot so park it where it lands. Tonight that was not a problem, only one other truck and only a dozen or so cars. Not sure why it was so empty … just a Thursday night?

No issues with check in or checking out. Room covers the basics (and then some), hot water, clean warm room. Definitely up to Comfort Inn standards.

Breakfast had all the usual plus eggs and bacon. I usually do not eat breakfast but today I was running late and it was almost 9am so I did have some to go. The only thing missing was juice other than orange and apple. I prefer something other than those two.

Can’t think of anything it was missing so it gets a 5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnMerriam, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is very important for our guests to point out our downfalls. We will be looking into the problem with the truck parking that you encountered and come up with a solution to resolve it. I am happy that your stay was satisfactory. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in the future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed during a heavy snowfall, very nice people! Good breakfast and nice upgraded room. The hotel has cookies in the afternoon/evening and lemonade. That was a plus.
The parking wasn't so good after all the snow but that is to be expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for providing us with both positive and constructive feedback. It’s always great to know what we are doing right and learn what we could do better. We are glad we could make you comfortable during that snowy day. We look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Older hotel but clean room. I stayed during big snow storm and couldn't make it home from work. The service was great. I felt very comforted during a difficult situation. Breakfast was a free and hot. Overall good stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased it met your needs. We are constantly trying to update our property. We look forward to serving you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in one of the renovated rooms on three different occasions and were very pleased. We liked the "hospital discount" since we were in Ks City to visit a Mom in the hospital. Clerk was very friendly and helpful. Very clean, good free breakfast, and speedy Internet. Definitely will stay there again in May when we visit!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our property. I appreciate the positive comments you have left regarding our friendly staff, room cleanliness and breakfast. Our team at Comfort Inn strives hard at achieving quality service to our guests.

Been to Rodeway Inn I-35/Shawnee Mission Pkwy? Share your experiences!