“greatly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Newton, United States
“greatly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very good service anything that we requested was done and we left feeling as if we had stayed with family They let us check in early because our family was not home from work which made it very nice for us

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt our HAMPTONALITY! It is our goal to make you feel at home, like family!

We look forward to seeing you again this year!

Thanks! Happy New Year!
913-722-0222
victoria.agredo@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton in December, on our way back from a trip to visit family for Christmas. Our practice often involves driving as long as we can, then hoping that the most convenient hotel is a good one. This Hampton was a great stay, and the woman at the front desk was very friendly. She went out of her way to find a couple items for us as we were celebrating on the road. The room was quiet and VERY clean. The breakfast was excellent. We would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Happy New Year! Thank you for staying with us while you traveled during the holidays and thank you for taking a few moments to review our hotel! Feedback is our best way to know how to improve and helps us share with others looking for a place to stay if we might be the right fit!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel clean, comfortable and friendly. I will be sure to pass on the the agent that checked you in how impressed you were. She is a big asset to our team and we really value you her, you can see why!

We hope we will see you the next time you are in the area! Never hesitate to give me a call if there is anything I can do for you!

Thank you!
Lincoln, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We chose this hotel for convenience of location to our daughter's home. Our stay was over Christmas Eve, so staff was very minimal at the hotel, which is understandable. We only needed a place to sleep and eat and be on our way so it was acceptable for this purpose.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello! I hope you doing well this Monday morning!

Thank you very much for your stay with us over the holiday. We know travelers have many options and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize if you felt we were understaffed. Our team works very hard all year; we have someone at the hotel 24 hours a day, every day of the year. During the holidays, when normally have a low occupancy. Since this is a rare occurrence, to show our team how much we appreciate their hard work all year long, we do have less staff in duty than normal to allow our team time to spend with their families during the holidays when we are not as busy.

We hope our guests understand our efforts to give back this time to our team as they give so much to us and our guests all year long.

If there is anything further I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know! We hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes for a fabulous 2014!

Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hampton is between the airport and a few customers. It is right off the hwy and near plenty of food and a QT.

As a diamond honors they are one of the few that actually give the suite upgrade and it is most helpful to us road warriors.

I use to stay down the road in Olathe, that hampton inn was nice... Even knew Courtney the GM pretty well but have opted to move to merriam and away from all that hassle.

I get everything I need and a better price.

I stay there 6-9 times a year.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us! Thanks also for taking time for review our hotel. Feedback is the best we improve, pass along kudos to the team, and let others out there looking for the right hotel learn how we might be the best fit!

We value you so much as a traveler, especially as a diamond member. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated.

Be sure to ask to see me the next time you are here! I'd love to meet you! Never hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Have a very happy new year!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The front desk staff was excellent when we arrived, went above and beyond to make our stay welcome. The pool and the hot tub were wonderful in the winter!! Breakfast was wonderful, with fresh fruit. But do take your own bed pillow!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you for taking time to review us and thank you so much for staying with us! We know that travelers have many options and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel. I am very sorry you didn't find our pillows to be the most comfortable. I will definitely pass that along to the Hampton Brand Team for their review.

We wish you a great 2014 and hope to see you again soon! Please do not ever hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

9137220800
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This Hampton is a little hard to find, but is modern, clean and comfortable. My room was clean and bright, bed was comfortable and bathroom clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast room looked newly renovated and food selection was typical. Conveniently located for doing business in the Kansas suburbs of KC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi! I hope your Monday is starting off great! Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate it a lot!

I am very glad that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and that your enjoyed our breakfast!

I do apologize that you had any issue locating our hotel. We are just off the highway, but there are few turns to take on the frontage road to find us!

We hope to see you again soon and wish you an amazing 2014! Please let me know if there is every anything that I can do for you!

Florissant, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We thought the hotel was very nice. The rooms and lobby were very clean and nicely furnished. The staff was very friendly and efficient. There were nearby train tracks, and the noise of trains bothered my husband. My kids and I were not bothered by the noise. I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to noise. I would return to this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hi! Thank you so much for reviewing us! Its a great way for others to know about our hotel from first hand experience and it helps to learn about areas of opportunity! I am so sorry that your husband had trouble sleeping. I know the train noise can be bothersome, however as you stated, some find it not to bother them at all! I am very happy that we provided with you a fresh room and great service!

We hope you'll be back when you're in this area again!

913-722-0800

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam? Share your experiences!