“Relaxing and Stimulating!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prairie Band Casino & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayetta
Prairie Band Casino & Resort
You added Prairie Band Casino & Resort to your Saves list
12305 150th Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 (Formerly Harrah's)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayetta
Topeka, Kansas
“Relaxing and Stimulating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I really enjoy the Prairie Band Casino, and recently I've treated myself to a room in their hotel. First off let me say that their rooms are amazing. Very spacious, vending close by, and there are 3 restaurants inside the casino to choose from. The bathroom is beautiful. I went on June 3rd and had a jacuzzi tub in my bath, but I'm going back on June 16th and requested a walk in shower. We'll see how that goes! There is excellent lighting, a huge floor to wall mirror, a living room space, just so many things to list. It's a must see.

The casino experience is ok. I've never won big at Prairie Band, but I know people who have. You win some, you lose some! They offer the complimentary beverage service that most hotels offer and they make some pretty good mixed drinks.

The biggest perk of the Prairie Band is having a players card. If you go enough you will eventually start receiving offers in the mail for free rooms. My rooms are $39 Sun-Thur and I get two free buffet coupons every month, as well as $7 loaded onto my card every week. The rooms are worth it! That alone is a vacation. There is an exciting patio area that includes beautiful scenery with two hot tubs, one of them having a splashing waterfall. There is a fireplace in the middle of the space. It's a nice design. You can take alcohol out there as long as it's in a platic cup. We had brought beer bottles from the room and the security guard brought us some plastic cups! I will always give the Prairie Band five stars. It's a great vacation at a very, very affordable price!

Oh yeah, they have free valet parking and free wifi.

Room Tip: Become a Players Club member!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Great place for everything you want from a hotel, casino, restaurant. The rooms are outstanding, casino offers a good cross section of any games you enjoy, the food is great. Probably the best thing is the friendly attitude of every employee you will meet. From the front desk and throughout our stay we were surrounded with happy, friendly people which made out stay even better. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Coupon on website for reduced weeknight rate.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Muskogee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I joined my sister at Prairie Band to stay overnite at the resort..We enjoyed the buffet .The food was great and lots of choices.. Our room was very nice,clean, and easy to locate..The only complaint I have was the terrible smell of smoke in the hall and in the casino.......I did enjoy the casino itself and can not wait to be able to enjoy this place again!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Save you money, time and effort because if you go to Prairie Band Casino you will lose all three. 80% of all the slot machines are penny slots. The casino is so full of smoke, I thought the fire department might show up. I ordered a non-smoking room; however, the cigarette smell from the casino lingered into my room. The whole trip was like swimming in an ashtray. The customer service from slot managers to waitresses were awful. Stop at McDonald's before you go; otherwise, you'll be hungry. the food at the casino is a cold, overpriced and served by brain dead employees. Hummmm? Must be the continual exposure to the thick smoke. Seriously, travel to KC, MO or Oklahoma for gaming entertainment. You'll be glad you did. Dr. Michael Reno, Wichita, Ks

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Mayetta hotels

Winchester, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

At the Potowatomi for business. My biggest complaint about the hotel is the smell of cigarette smoke everywhere. I was in a non smoking room but the smell was there as well. Smoking was allowed at each elevator landing so it was hard just getting on and off the elevator. The room was pretty clean and the bed comfortable. It was a little on the small side. It was pretty quiet so sleep was not too much of an issue. I only ate at the Buffett and while the food was pretty good it was the same menue day after day with the exception of lobster tail for $10 one night and Seafood on Friday night, which I didnt do. I did not eat at the steakhouse but heard good things about it. There was no work out room at all which was a draw back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Good news, smokers. Except for the three restaurants at this casino "resort" you can smoke indoors to your heart's content. You can even blow smoke in people's faces and no one can do a thing about it. In fact, there is so much smoking I'm surprised they don't have a greeter at the door with a lighter in his hand firing people up just as soon as they step inside.
Seriously, the smoke issue at this place is abhorrent. There are no barriers to the casino floor, so everywhere you go the air, furniture, walls and carpet are tainted with the dense, acrid smell of smoke. Even in our room, which was a non-smoking room, everything smelled like cigarette smoke. The smokers on our trip were big fans. Except for the non-smoking rooms and non-smoking restaurants (where smoke still permeates the air and makes everything look cloudy), this casino does not even begin to try to cater to a non-smoking clientele. Although, I guess they do have a non-smoking poker room, but it is still open to the casino floor.
The room situation was particularly distressing. This was easily one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in: awesome walk-in shower with a broad rain showerhead, beautiful brown granite counter, very comfortable bed with quality linens and a flat screen tv. So, you have this very nice room and furnishings...that smells like an ash tray. And even in your room your skin feels grimy from the polluted air.
Don't bother wasting your time trying to get on the internet. Their signal is weak and intermittent. They don't want you in your room enjoying yourself surfing the net...they want you on that floor spending your cash!
The room was at least quiet and I slept surprisingly well. Except at night you can hear the cars racing on the nearby race track, which got old after a while.
If you are sensitive to smoke, like me, plan on spending most of your time outdoors in the courtyard. This was my saving grace on this trip, as well as for other non-smokers in our group. Without this space I would have been in big trouble. The casino did, at least, put some thought into this space. It has a waterfall, two hot tubs and lots of outdoor seating including lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. A lot of us spent a great deal of time here.
The buffet is ok, certainly better than the grill. We didn't make it to their high-end restaurant. If you are a foodie, don't expect to be impressed by the buffet, though. (I think we paid $15 or $20 each for it.) I know too much about food to know when I am being served something less than the best. But if you are into quantity and convenience, then, hey, it's perfect.
As a new person, if you sign up at the casino, you get about $30 in free money on a card to gamble with. This is a total gimmick in my opinion. I've only played slots a handful of times and some of those machines are confusing, but I did think it very odd that when you hit the spin button, not only did it take a chunk of your cash, but it also deleted points from your score. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seemed like you were spending double on each spin.
As for the employees...I would say the front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The wait staff in the buffet was very friendly. Most of the other staff...room cleaners, door monitors...looked very shifty and down and out. Let me give you an example. I came out of my room to get some ice down the hall. Two skanky-looking male cleaners were out in the hall with their carts. One was digging in his pocket and I thought I heard him say something like "hey, look what I found!" But just as he was getting ready to show off his treasure, the two spotted me. They looked like they had been caught red-handed doing something unsavory and without another word to each other they took off into rooms. Yes, very shifty.
I do feel sorry for anyone who has to work in that smoke-filled environment. I guess I've mentioned the smoke issue enough, but that's how bothersome it was for me.
This was a promotional trip and I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I will never step foot in this place again. I generally loathe casinos anyway for in them you witness the depths of depravity. From now on I will steer clear of them.

• Stayed May 2010
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

Spend just one night here May 24th but it was very enjoyable. We had a comp room with large deep tub and nice king bed. The decor is very nice and the place was spotless. We ate dinner and breakfast at the buffet and the food was excellent. These folks try very hard to make you feel comfortable and appreciated. When the golf course is finished later this year it will be an added feature to an already great spot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Prairie Band Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!