“Good Clean Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Tree Inn - Marysville

You added Oak Tree Inn - Marysville to your Saves list
Oak Tree Inn - Marysville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1127 Pony Express Blvd., US 36 East, Marysville, KS 66508   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marysville
“Good Clean Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Don't let the dull exterior or many work trucks in the lot put you off. We took an extended trip throughout the midwest last month and for the money, this was a good, clean, quiet and friendly hotel. The workmen are mostly railroad workers and the railroad contracts for a wing of rooms. We were put up in a different wing and it was very good. Decent linens and bed, very clean and quiet and reasonably priced. The town of Marysville had lots of quaintness and some descent restaurants. The black squirrel and the Pony Express Museum were a hoot. Getting off the interstate and traveling US route 36 across north Kansas is a treat and takes very little longer than the interstate. This hotel and town are good choices for an overnight along the way.

Room Tip: Friendly staff will give you the best room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here for business and have no complaints. I stay in 4 and 5 star hotels all of the time and short of having extra amentities, the Oak Tree Inn is perfect. My room was very quiet and clean, had no bed bugs (I checked), and the WIFI worked well. The rate was cheap and the location was close to work. I did not eat at Penny's simply because I am not a breakfast person.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Marysville to attend an 18th birthday celebration for a family friend's daughter.
My experience actually started with a phone call about 2 weeks before our stay. I had called and spoke with Jessica who was very friendly and answered my questions and reserved the room over the phone. We only stayed one night but the price was very affordable and our stay was great. We checked in around 3:00pm on a Saturday and the staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.
The first thing I did when I got into the room was run to the bed, strip it down and check the bedding and mattress for any bugs. (I had read that the midwest was having an outbreak of bed bugs and I was really worried about having to stay in a hotel. I was worried for NO reason because after my thorough search I was relieved to find NOTHING.) NO bugs anywhere.
The decor was plain/average but the room was very very clean and comfortable. The heating/cooling unit in the room worked well. There was even little touches that you get in big hotel chains that I didn't expect in this small town. There was a hair dryer, ice bucket, little soaps, a little refrigerator, little microwave, little shampoos, little plastic cups and of course, the bible in the drawer. LOL
I don't know if there are refrigerators and microwaves in all the rooms but we had a King Size bed room and these were included.
The beds are very firm but I really like a firm bed so I slept very well and so did my husband. I love the fact that you receive a voucher for a free breakfast OR $7.75 off anything at the Penny's Diner. The food was great! The voucher can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has no expiration date and I was told by the front desk if we didn't use it this visit we could also use it on another visit.
I also LOVED that check out time was noon instead of an earlier time like many other places. I liked being able to take my time in the morning.
I will definitely be staying again when we return for her graduation around June. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

The Oak Tree Inn is a fairly new 2-story motel. I would describe it as "functional." The decor is minimal and the public areas are average at best. However, the rooms are clean, pleasant, well-lit and comfortable. The staff was excellent. The free breakfast was not your usual donuts and coffee in the lobby, but made-to-order bacon and eggs. If this were next door to a Holiday Inn Express I'd stay there, but it's not. This appears to be the only recently built motel for 100 miles in either direction on US 36. The others all looked old and tired from the highway. I gave this 4 stars because it's the best of what's available. The only caution might be if you don't like a firm mattress. Mine was very firm. Free wi-fi worked well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My room wasn't ready when I arrived, because my online reservation didn't get there, but the staff was very helpful and quickly readied the room. Very comfortable, quiet room. Hardly aware of other guests in the hall. Stayed two days and very pleased. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Spent one night at Oak Tree passing through Kansas. The hotel looks new, well-maintained and clean. Large, clean room with everything I needed except for in-room coffe maker. Set back from highway and very quiet. Good TV and wireless internet. Found the bed very firm, even for my taste. Hotel has Penny's restaurant on grounds, but skipped it as other reviews indicated better places to eat elsewhere. I'd rate it higher, except for the bed. Overall, a nice, clean hotel, OK for a night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
CHICAGO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

i have stayed at this hotel recently, i saw three bed bugs on my bed. I even contacted front desk & told them i wanted to checkout rightaway but they didn't even help me out. They didn't refunded my money. I have to move to a different location due the fact that i had to throw all of my bags away because of Bed Bug problem. I will never stay at this hotel again & i will tell all of my friends& family's to be aware of Bed Bugs Problem.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Marysville hotels

Been to Oak Tree Inn - Marysville? Share your experiences!