“family trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Manhattan

You added Super 8 Manhattan to your Saves list
Super 8 Manhattan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 Tuttle Creek Blvd., I-70 Exit 303 or 313 to Hwy 24, Manhattan, KS 66502   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Manhattan
Columbia
“family trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lots of "narrow" steps for "Old people" to climb. The bathroom has certainly seen better days. The location is "easy to miss" for strangers. Luckily, my wife had stayed there a number of times over the years, so she knew where to find it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Miranda L, General Manager at Super 8 Manhattan, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Manhattan Super 8. I apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused. We appreciate your wife's loyalty, as we are always thrilled to see a returning face. I'm happy she was able to direct you to the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
mlies@kinseth.com
785-537-8468

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have never stayed at a Super 8, but they were the only hotel with rooms when I made the reservation. I guess I found out why they still had rooms. This is a 3 story hotel that does not have an elevator. They also do not have a working ice machine as I attempted 3 times to get ice and was unable to get 1 cube. They offer a "free" breakfast that consists of pre-packaged cinnamon rolls and a few other items. We were able to walk to a Denny's that right next door. I found it funny that they have a small safe in the room that you get charged for. That's how they cover the "free" breakfast that I didn't bother to take them up on. The only "free" item I got was the plumbing singing an odd song at random times all night long. The only positive thing I can say is that the bed was acceptable and the room fairly clean. The Motel 6 down the road probably offers more for less.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, stay on the first floor. (No elevator)
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry that you had such a negative experience on your recent visit. I would like to apologise on behalf of the Super 8 team. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused to you and your party. We strive to adhere to our guests' every need above and beyond their expectations, and it is clear that we failed to achieve that aim on this occasion. I appreciate you bringing your experience to my attention, and I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Manhattan Super 8 in the near future. Please find my contact details below and get in touch with me for further discussion.

Kind regards,

mlies@kinseth.com
785-537-8468
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have often stayed at Super 8 because of their low prices, reasonably clean rooms, and free wi-fi. However, we were very disappointed in this one. We paid $150 + over $24 taxes/fees for a one night double room that was not very clean and the beds sagged in the middle horribly. I felt all night that I was rolling toward the middle---almost had to hang on to the edge of the bed! There was hair in the bathtub, the faucet control knob had that pink fungus inside it, the edges of the carpet around the baseboards hadn't been cleaned for months, dirty fingerprints/smudges on the microwave, dust around the microwave. Oh, and one of the fees was a "safe fee," which we didn't even use. I would have given this motel a 2 rating but because we paid such an exorbitant price for poor quality, they deserve a "1" rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Miranda L, General Manager at Super 8 Manhattan, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 785-537-8468.

Manhattan Super 8
Salina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here August 2012. I only needed a bed for the night, nothing fancy.There is a computer in the lobby that one can use. Nothing private about it. Free wi-fi also. The Manhattan Mercury newspaper machine out front. The room was a little small but I only needed one bed for myself. Desk w chair/nice rocker recliner, clean. The tv was an older fatback, worked okay--lots of channels. There was a mini fridge/small freezer, no microwave. One cup coffeemaker/coffee. Clean bathroom with soap and shampoo/hair dryer. Bed had two flat foam pillows--you can get more at the front desk as well as an iron/board if you need that. The heater/AC was built into the wall and had a remote control. There is a washer/dryer for use--no supplies. Snack machine by exercise room and pop and ice machines in breakfast/hospitality room. No ice bucket in room. Next to the hotel on the west is a Denny's and on the east is a convenience/gas stop with a Dillons grocery store to the north. Convenient location for highways 18, 24 and 177. Breakfast was white bread for toast, cinnamon rolls, cereal, oatmeal, oranges, yogurt or waffles. There may have been more options I missed as I got there 10 minutes before it ended (no waffle batter), thanks to a lousy night's sleep. The walls and floors are the proverbial paper thin. You can hear every thud, stomp, people talking. I had a room on the first floor by the front desk/ hospitality room and beside the front parking lot. I could hear all the talking out in the hall, people stomping up the stairway and in the room above, late night arrivals, etc. The vehicles are directly outside the window all along the first floor front--lots of talking, trunks lids closing, etc. For a quieter room, stay on the top floor at the end of the hall and be sure to hang a Do not Disturb on the door. Housekeeping came knocking at 9:15am--checkout is 11am. She was about ready to come on in when I opened the door. I thought the 'Turn your key into the front desk upon checkout' signs meant they could tell who was still in their rooms. I'll certainly be keeping all of this in mind next time I just need an inexpensive stop for the night. I would have gotten better sleep in my car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pekin, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

with my friends together stay just for one night ,wall is thin ,so nosie form others made us awsome, but we have someting to overcome it ,the staff help us , so thankful I had some work to do in the Manhattan area and at nearby Fort Riley and booked this hotel direct from the Super 8 website. The rate on the Super 8 web site beat the rates I found on Hotwire and Hotels.com! First, the staff, especially Lora and Sam were outstanding

Room Tip: staff must be friendly!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We arrived around 1AM and wanted a clean bed and a place to stay on our way from St. Louis to Vail. It's 8 miles off the interstate, which is a long way to go after passing so many places right near the interstate. Room was clean and we arrived very late for breakfast so they were out of a lot of things but the free breakfast was impressive for the room rate - make your own waffles, coffee, juice, muffins, cereal. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

First, the staff, especially Lora and Sam were outstanding. Very helpful and friendly not just in their jobs but to chat with after a long day working. I actually looked forward to getting back to the hotel to relax after a long day of work. I overheard some staff talking about the manger retiring and that the traveling manager would not be in until Tuesday after Memorial Day. So what! Lora seemed to have everything under control.

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. My room had a refrigerator, recliner, and a large desk to set-up my laptop to type reports. The room was well lit and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was great. Waffle maker, juice, cereal, donuts, fresh coffee, yogurt. What's not to like.

Overall I am very happy I stayed at this Super 8. I was happy with the staff, services, and amenities. If I ever find myself in the Manhattan, KS area again I will be staying here and because of the staff and this experience I will also look for a Super 8 hotel wherever work sends me!

Don't think twice about reserving a room at this establishment.

Regards,

Steve Culver

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Manhattan? Share your experiences!