“Great Service and hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Manhattan
Garden City
“Great Service and hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My stay at this Holiday Inn was tremendous. The room was excellent and stylish. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and always said hello as i passed by.
The bellboy, Cameron, was friendly and courteous. He got me extra blankets when I asked and told me to let him know of any way he could be helpful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Within walking distance of Aggieville and across the street from campus, all new and improved, this is very pleasantly NOT the old Ramada Inn that used to be here. We got a great rate on Priceline and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Located across the street from K State, the Holiday Inn is clean, well kept and within an easy walk to K State and Aggieville. We have stayed at the hotel many times and have always been treated very well by the staff. Although the bathrooms are small, the beds were fine and that was the reason for being there. There is a Houlihan's restaurant attached, but with Aggieville a short walk away and "downtown" Mahattan less than two miles there are many other options for food and drink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while movers packed up our house. The hotel is pet friendly, which is the main reason we chose to stay there. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is pretty small and the tile floor looked rather worn. If you are tall, be prepared to bend at the knees while in the shower because the shower head is way too short! I do wish they offered even a basic breakfast because the only place close by is a gas station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Akargus,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted you found the bed and pillows very comfortable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Bathroom in our room needed a complete rehab (and cleaning), my shoes literally stuck to the floor. Also the pillows on BOTH BEDS smelled like BO!!!

Also pool closes at 10pm, what am I, 5 years old?!

Also they really need to ditch that Houlihan's restaurant, it's expensive and terrible.

They are fairly nice until you ask about breakfast, that must be a soft spot or something! And I overheard a "preferred" member check in - he got $5 off his breakfast, wow what a perk, $5 off.

At least they put coffee out which is more than I can say for other some hotels but they run out pretty quick (the coffee in the room is UNDRINKABLE). When they run out they send you next door to houlihans and they must use the sweepings b/c they have the absolute worst coffee on the planet.

And if you do opt for breakfast be prepared to be disappointed. I posted a photo of the sad state of the breakfast once before and I could use the same photo again! Everything was empty and NO BISCUITS & GRAVY.

Just to mention there is a breakfast place across town called The Early Edition which is just fabulous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mlmckee, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for you feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy anything about your stay. We strive to provide every guest with an exceptional product from our food to our service. It is unfortunate that we could not meet those expectations for you during your stay. Again, I am very sorry for that. I will take all of you comments into consideration and make needed changes to ensure you and other future guest have a more satisfying experience.
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were greeted by Hailey who was true business like but Friendly. We've stayed here numerous times prior to myself association with Trip Advisor, which by the way is the "BEST" thing to happen to Travelers :) The Hotel is different design wise but it holds its own. Elevators are better than some we've stayed at. The Rooms are Comfty, with a sorta "Old" style facebowl its cute. Beds are comfty. overall Hotel is clean. The only thing I wish could have been offered was something on hand from staff for Dietbetes Patients, my Boss and fellow worker both suffer from this condition. I was told by Warren ( Day Staff) there was two Vending Machines on two seperate floors, I declined because there nothing healthy in there. The offer was nice, I do appreciate the thought.We would stay again :)

Room Tip: If you suffer from this Condition please bring something to eat, or purchase at area locations.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My expectations were not high given that this is a hotel across the street from the Kansas State University campus. I figured "captive audience" and worn out fixtures and furnishings. I was very, very wrong. I was simply wowed. The greeting at the desk is warm and sincere. I got the quiet room location I requested - on a no smoking floor. When I spied the unit air conditioner upon entering the room, I cringed as these are usually noisy beyond measure when they kick on each time. I need not have been concerned at all. The unit was the quietest I have experienced ever - and in much pricier hotels. The room is modern and a good size. It has all the amenities you would expect from a hotel at this price point. There were no disappointments. I was there on business. I would happily stay there again when I return to Manhattan - the Little Apple.

Room Tip: The sixth floor is the quiet floor. The ice machine is near the elevators - so ask to avoid both.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus? Share your experiences!