“Getting Dated, No Breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Manhattan
Midwest
“Getting Dated, No Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Bathroom in our room needed a complete rehab (and cleaning), my shoes literally stuck to the floor. Also the pillows on BOTH BEDS smelled like BO!!!

Also pool closes at 10pm, what am I, 5 years old?!

Also they really need to ditch that Houlihan's restaurant, it's expensive and terrible.

They are fairly nice until you ask about breakfast, that must be a soft spot or something! And I overheard a "preferred" member check in - he got $5 off his breakfast, wow what a perk, $5 off.

At least they put coffee out which is more than I can say for other some hotels but they run out pretty quick (the coffee in the room is UNDRINKABLE). When they run out they send you next door to houlihans and they must use the sweepings b/c they have the absolute worst coffee on the planet.

And if you do opt for breakfast be prepared to be disappointed. I posted a photo of the sad state of the breakfast once before and I could use the same photo again! Everything was empty and NO BISCUITS & GRAVY.

Just to mention there is a breakfast place across town called The Early Edition which is just fabulous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mlmckee, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for you feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy anything about your stay. We strive to provide every guest with an exceptional product from our food to our service. It is unfortunate that we could not meet those expectations for you during your stay. Again, I am very sorry for that. I will take all of you comments into consideration and make needed changes to ensure you and other future guest have a more satisfying experience.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were greeted by Hailey who was true business like but Friendly. We've stayed here numerous times prior to myself association with Trip Advisor, which by the way is the "BEST" thing to happen to Travelers :) The Hotel is different design wise but it holds its own. Elevators are better than some we've stayed at. The Rooms are Comfty, with a sorta "Old" style facebowl its cute. Beds are comfty. overall Hotel is clean. The only thing I wish could have been offered was something on hand from staff for Dietbetes Patients, my Boss and fellow worker both suffer from this condition. I was told by Warren ( Day Staff) there was two Vending Machines on two seperate floors, I declined because there nothing healthy in there. The offer was nice, I do appreciate the thought.We would stay again :)

Room Tip: If you suffer from this Condition please bring something to eat, or purchase at area locations.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My expectations were not high given that this is a hotel across the street from the Kansas State University campus. I figured "captive audience" and worn out fixtures and furnishings. I was very, very wrong. I was simply wowed. The greeting at the desk is warm and sincere. I got the quiet room location I requested - on a no smoking floor. When I spied the unit air conditioner upon entering the room, I cringed as these are usually noisy beyond measure when they kick on each time. I need not have been concerned at all. The unit was the quietest I have experienced ever - and in much pricier hotels. The room is modern and a good size. It has all the amenities you would expect from a hotel at this price point. There were no disappointments. I was there on business. I would happily stay there again when I return to Manhattan - the Little Apple.

Room Tip: The sixth floor is the quiet floor. The ice machine is near the elevators - so ask to avoid both.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Plainville, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had a reservation for a king bed for my wife and I. When we arrived, we found that we would be in a 2 double bed room as all the king rooms were filled. Kara and Haley offered appetizers at the restaurant, but we just wanted a bigger bed(our 1 year old daughter sleeps between us at home). After finding out we could not cancel our room, we went to get our luggage and proceeded to the elevator. At that time, we were summoned by the front desk (Kara and Haley) and they told us they had a room for us as one just cancelled. We were very excited. They had left a voicemail in the room that we were supposed to be in just in case they had missed us. None the less, we were able to get into our king bed and enjoy our stay and we have Kara and Haley to thank as they were very gracious. Thanks again!!

Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Being right across the street from campus makes this hotel a good place to stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. However this property is a bit dated, you can hear the plumbing running from you neighbors rooms and people walking around both in the halls and other guest rooms. One thing to note is that the bathroom in my room was extremely small. Also, this hotel is pet friendly in all rooms, not a problem for me beacuse I am a dog lover. However when the storms came in there were a lot of unhappy dogs that could be heard all night. I did overhear an employee being asked about the dogs and they stated that we probably heard the owners dogs since they live on the sixth floor. Overall a decent stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear TRC70,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom size. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everyone that worked there that we encountered was very helpful and pleasant. Alex,Hailey and Kara were willing to go the extra step to insure our stay was excelllent.
Room was nice, location to the campus and restaurant was a plus.
Great to see working college students with a positive attitude toward the public.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn at the Campus has clean/comfortable rooms with a great location across from KSU.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're coming to Manhattan to do business at the university, this hotel can't be beat. It is directly across from the campus so you can just park your car for free at the hotel and walk to wherever it is you're going. The hotel itself is obviously an older, renovated hotel with I found the decor to be quite contemporary - surprising for the area. Check-in was quite easy and the staff was intelligent and friendly. My room was on the 5th floor but directly across from the elevators, and therefore noisy. I could have asked for another room but since it was a short, two day stay I decided against it. The bed was extremely comfortable but the pillows were odd-shaped and square. I would have preferred a regular rectangular pillow. Bathroom was nicely stocked with Bath and Bodyworks amenities but could have used a more thorough cleaning (I found a old Q-tip on the floor and some dust bunnies). The internet was fast and blackout shades were good. Overall I really liked this hotel except that there wasn't a free breakfast with my Hotwire rate, not even a continental breakfast. Houlihan's attached to the hotel is a nice sports bar kind of place, so even non-guests would lunch and dine there. Parking is plentiful and so are the dining options a few blocks away in Aggietown.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the elevators on an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus? Share your experiences!