“Going the extra mile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Manhattan
Plainville, Kansas
“Going the extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had a reservation for a king bed for my wife and I. When we arrived, we found that we would be in a 2 double bed room as all the king rooms were filled. Kara and Haley offered appetizers at the restaurant, but we just wanted a bigger bed(our 1 year old daughter sleeps between us at home). After finding out we could not cancel our room, we went to get our luggage and proceeded to the elevator. At that time, we were summoned by the front desk (Kara and Haley) and they told us they had a room for us as one just cancelled. We were very excited. They had left a voicemail in the room that we were supposed to be in just in case they had missed us. None the less, we were able to get into our king bed and enjoy our stay and we have Kara and Haley to thank as they were very gracious. Thanks again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Being right across the street from campus makes this hotel a good place to stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. However this property is a bit dated, you can hear the plumbing running from you neighbors rooms and people walking around both in the halls and other guest rooms. One thing to note is that the bathroom in my room was extremely small. Also, this hotel is pet friendly in all rooms, not a problem for me beacuse I am a dog lover. However when the storms came in there were a lot of unhappy dogs that could be heard all night. I did overhear an employee being asked about the dogs and they stated that we probably heard the owners dogs since they live on the sixth floor. Overall a decent stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear TRC70,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom size. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everyone that worked there that we encountered was very helpful and pleasant. Alex,Hailey and Kara were willing to go the extra step to insure our stay was excelllent.
Room was nice, location to the campus and restaurant was a plus.
Great to see working college students with a positive attitude toward the public.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn at the Campus has clean/comfortable rooms with a great location across from KSU.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're coming to Manhattan to do business at the university, this hotel can't be beat. It is directly across from the campus so you can just park your car for free at the hotel and walk to wherever it is you're going. The hotel itself is obviously an older, renovated hotel with I found the decor to be quite contemporary - surprising for the area. Check-in was quite easy and the staff was intelligent and friendly. My room was on the 5th floor but directly across from the elevators, and therefore noisy. I could have asked for another room but since it was a short, two day stay I decided against it. The bed was extremely comfortable but the pillows were odd-shaped and square. I would have preferred a regular rectangular pillow. Bathroom was nicely stocked with Bath and Bodyworks amenities but could have used a more thorough cleaning (I found a old Q-tip on the floor and some dust bunnies). The internet was fast and blackout shades were good. Overall I really liked this hotel except that there wasn't a free breakfast with my Hotwire rate, not even a continental breakfast. Houlihan's attached to the hotel is a nice sports bar kind of place, so even non-guests would lunch and dine there. Parking is plentiful and so are the dining options a few blocks away in Aggietown.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the elevators on an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lee's Summit, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip recently. The location was nice (across the street from campus), but the property itself was a bit dated. The staff, however, was very helpful and the Houlihans on site made it easy to get a quality meal just about any time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear bemison,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our location to be of convenience and our staff helpful. I regret you found our property to be a bit dated. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I sincerely wish the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I remember this hotel when it was a Ramada Inn, when I was a student at the university. It has been updated extremely well, the rooms are very well furnished, and the bar and restaurant are excellent. The best part, however, is the staff. They are top notch; always friendly, always smiling, and very willing to engage with the guests. The owner can be very proud of each and every one of them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. I must say it was a very nice hotel value wise. In addition, I was on business trip, and had several minor requests that the staff assist me with. Thanks to Kara, Mike, Kristen, and Meridith for a great stay and A+ service.

The decor was also tastefully done, and was my room was spotless. Niceest hotel for the price in Manhatten, and right next to the campus and a hop skip and jump from Aggieville.

A Houlihans restaurant is attached, great food and also a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus? Share your experiences!