“Not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Manhattan

You added Motel 6 Manhattan to your Saves list
Motel 6 Manhattan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   510 Tuttle Creek Blvd, I-70 at Exit 313/Hwy 177, Manhattan, KS 66502   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Overland Park, Kansas
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Want to preface this by saying that I don't hate all motel 6's. I've stayed in a few because while not the lap of luxury, they are cheap and usually enough for me. However, this manhattan location leaves a lot to be desired. The bed was way below average. Two tiny pillows. An inch crack under the door to the outside that let tons of noise directly into the room. The room was small and the tv was even smaller. Again, not against all motel 6's, but this one is one you probably want to pass on. I will say, that you do get to meet some characters when you stay here. Can be a good or bad thing depending on your personality.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have to say that I have stayed at a lot of motel6 and I am former motel manager. We went to Manhattan for an 20th wedding anniversary to get out of salina for a night. We decided to stay in Manhattan and we tried this motel the front desk person was great and helpful. Great personality! The room was was clean and comfortable. Thanks guys!

• Stayed September 2011
Hamilton, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stay in a lot of Motel 6's. You may even say I like Motel 6's. Mainly because they save me money, and sometimes because they contain interesting people. Regardless, I'm not one to knock this brand, and I am aware of what I am getting myself into when I book with them.

Unfortunately, their Manhattan, KS property doesn't quite live up to what I expect. The rooms were actually pretty dirty. The shower barely worked, and the beds were far from comfortable. And to top it off, the Internet - which I paid extra for - did not work.

In the future, I wont avoid Motel 6's, but I will avoid this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
manhattan, ks.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

The company I am employeed by has recently acquired various contracts in the Manhattan, Ks. area. Requiring me to travel and stay several nights throughout the week. I chose Motel6 for its centralized location and competitive room rates. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and have found the staff to be just as professional and friendly as hotels with $100.00 a night rates. The cleanliness of the rooms at Motel 6 was just as good or in some cases better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

My daughter and her 1 year old were unexpectedly stuck in Manhattan, Ks tonight. They were suppossed to stay with friends but because they had bad communication, they needed a place to stay for the night. I didn't want my daughter to spend her cash just in case she needed it to get home the next day so offered to pay for her room with a credit card. I don't have a fax machine at my home so I went to my place of business to make copies of my credit card and drivers license and to also fax a credit card authorization form back to them. Our copy machine was very low on ink so the first copy was not very clear and the desk clerk wouldn't accept it. Meanwhile, my daughter asked where the rest room was and the girl at the front dest(Rosemary) told her she couldn't use their restroom!!!! I finally managed to get a good copy to re-fax but by that time, my daughter had had enough of her rude treatment. She went to Super 8 and was treated as a guest should be treated plus they had no problem reading my fax. They actually told me all I need to do is fax the authorization form to them tonight and tomorrow , when I had a better copy of my drivers license and credit card , fax everything else. As a business owner myself, the customer experience should exceed their expectations. This treatment by Hotel 6 was a far cry from that. Thank you for reading this and I hope this helps steer potental customers of Hotel 6 to a much better customer friendly Hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The rooms have been recently renovated. New bathrooms, fixtures, linens, and hardwood floors. Daily maid service. Free coffee. Across from mall and shopping. Great customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Sublette, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Typical Motel 6. You know what you are getting with Motel 6 and this one is no different. Outside of the complex looks old, but the rooms seem to have been updated. Shower was nice and the most unique I've ever seen. TV was old and did not work all that great in my room, but I did not stay there to watch TV. Beds were typical Motel 6 all the way around. The only problem we really had was a Peterbilt got started at 6 AM right outside our door. Not real good after a late night in Aggieville. Not the the fault of Motel 6 though.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Manhattan? Share your experiences!