“Cleanest & friendliest hotel in Manhattan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Hostetler Drive, Riley County, Manhattan, KS 66502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Cleanest & friendliest hotel in Manhattan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stay here for work several weeks every year. Although I'm a big Marriotts rewards buff, I still choose to stay here when in Manhattan. It is so much cleaner, work desk area is much better, and breakfast is better. Staff is really friendly too!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I attended a meeting at KSU and liked the hotel so much we stayed an extra day. There are several reasons why I believe this is the best hotel in Manhattan: it is located far from the railroad tracks and is walking distance to restaurants and shopping, the staff is very helpful and friendly, the hotel looks brand new, and the price is competitive. For those who like a more detailed review, my positive impression started when I called the day before check-in with a question about my reservation. The desk clerk was enthusiastic and helpful, answering with, "This is the award-winning Comfort Suites. How may I serve you?" and let me tell you the entire staff was focused on service. There was one computer available to guests, and next to it was an organizer stocked with phone books, envelopes, pens, pads, sticky notes, paper clips, etc. I would love there to be two computers, but I had not even seen a business center in the reviews, so this was a pleasant surprise. The lobby is beautiful with TV and fireplace. There is a large pool and hot tub, and the area was clean and attractive. A fitness center was next to the pool. In a recent hotel stay with another chain, the hallways felt narrow and claustrophobic, but the Comfort Suites featured wide hallways with alcoves for the doors to pairs of rooms. When we checked in, we were immediately upgraded to a suite with a larger base, and let me tell you, this was one of the largest rooms we've ever stayed in. The room featured a couch with sofa bed and a chair, desk, fridge, and microwave, and a small room divider separated it from the sleeping area. The only drawback was that one side of the divider was dusty.The king bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept on. The use of space in the room was exceptional, so it just felt huge. The bathroom was spotless and also looked brand new. Decor was modern and relaxing. Breakfast was average but free! I recommend this hotel for business, couples, and families. We can't wait to go back! Incidentally, Manhattan has a lot to offer including shopping, dining, and several nature areas. It is a wonderful place to visit, and this is a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a wider base.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I visited K State for a business event and we stayed at the Comfort Suites. The hotel is modern, nice and clean. The Wi Fi worked perfectly, allowing me to work from the hotel room with no problem. The hair dryer is small, so you may want to bring your own. The shower water pressure was good and the toiletries were as well. When I got hungry, Cox Bros. BBQ is right out front of the hotel and I was able to get a great to-go meal and bring it back to the hotel. Comfort Suites also offers a nice breakfast selection - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, yogurt, pastries, cereal, etc. I had the fixings to make a breakfast burrito with cheese, peppers and onions - very good! There is a microwave and a refrigerator in each room, the cleaning team comes right after nine, so you get that out of the way early. I stayed at the Hoiday Inn and the Hampton Inn here in Manhattan and this was the best by far.

Room Tip: Remember that during a football game, the prices are going to double for rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Two nights stay at this comfort suites for my cousin's wedding. The pool door lock would not work. They tried diligently to open it for me to take my 2 1/2 year old swimming. After an hour wait, they apologized and took $25 off our bill for the inconvenience.

Breakfast was amazing for being complimentary. Wall Street Journal was a great addition.

The room was very large and comfortable. Microwave, wireless internet, plenty of pillows. Was extremely quiet and easy to get too. Clean and looked close to brand new.

Added bonus was they added my 'points' for staying here to my Southwest Airlines points. I just had to ask.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Would've scored higher if a house keeper didn't steal my girlfriends Chi hair straightener. Will not stay here again. Filed police report.

• Stayed August 2011
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The reviews are true. Brand new, excellent staff. Best hotel on our trip. Great location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Comfort Suites is the newest hotel in Manhattan (about a year old), and in my opinion the best in town. I am a frequent visitor on business to Kansas State University and have stayed at many of the others in town over the years.

Used to stay at Hampton Inn, but the practice of the housekeepers rapping on doors just after 8:00 a.m. turned me off; Fairfield I've stayed at and is fine; Holiday Inn is too overpriced to consider. So I began staying at the Comfort Suites and love it.

It's quiet (nowhere near the rail tracks), clean, roomy, incredibly comfortable bed, wifi works great, and I must say the staff at the front desk is very friendly and professional.

I'll always stay here in the future and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!