“If you want clean and maintained...RUN” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Manhattan
Hastings, Nebraska
“If you want clean and maintained...RUN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My room was not clean. The heating/cooling system never shut off and I had to open a window to cool the room. The best part was the TUB!!
The tub had a couple of small holes and 1 very large hole in the finish. The bottom of the tub looked like they tried to spray something on it to fix it (instead of replacing it) and it was peeling. I wore my flip flops in the shower. The big hole had an edge that kind of stuck up and I was afraid I would cut my foot. Also there was no way to really clean the tub when it was all torn up like that.
They should never give me (or anyone else) a room like this. This type of indifference shows that the management does not care about their guests.

Room Tip: Do NOT book a room here!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Angie W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to report that your experience with us is not the norm and we would like to have you stay with us again so we can prove it to you. Thank you for making us aware of the issues you had as all customer input, good or bad, helps us improve our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Garden City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I think the furniture was left over from when I went to college here. Room and facility was clean so thy have that going for them. My only complaint is we where denied a 1 hour late check out. Room was $75. 00 but I feel it should of been in the $60.00 range. Before anyone thinks I'm being cheap, I have no problem dropping $100.00–$150.00 for a room if the value is there.

Room Tip: 300 yards to the south west may be a better choice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Angie W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Great news! We are making many improvements to our rooms, common areas and staff. We would appreciate a chance for you to come visit us once the changes have been made and hope to replace your past opinion of the Quality Inn & Suites. We look forward to winning back your business.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We were winging it on where to stay. I get frequent flier miles at Choice hotels so we want here. Other reviews made me cautious but the staff was friendly. The place was clean. It was your typical hotel room. My only complaint was that the bathroom door practically touches the toilet when the door is open. It is minor but it is a pet peeve of mine.

The queen bed rooms are on the side of the tracks but that didn't bother us. There is no fridge but they have a microwave and coffee pot.

The price was affordable considering it's a college twown. It is not near the 'action' but it is across the street from the mall. Suited our purposes which was a clean place to stay and catch up with an old friend.

• Stayed March 2013
GMQualityInn1, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank You for your review. We do hope you come back and stay with us.
Wamego, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently stayed in Manhattan and was astounded at how much it cost to stay at this Quality Inn. I had stayed at Quality Inn's in Monterey, CA and Ormond Beach, FL for less than $50.00 a night. But to stay in Manhattan, Ks was over $85.00 a night! I am a true advocate for Quality Inn as it is one of my favorite hotels, but this was ridiculous! There is no reason why it should be so expensive to stay at a hotel in Manhattan. I even stayed in the Florida Keys for only about $5.00 more than it cost me to stay in Manhattan, KS.
Not only was it so over-priced, but I had to change rooms because the T.V. quit working. There is nothing more frustrating than staying in a hotel and having to change rooms because something is wrong with the room. The desk clerk did upgrade me to a better room (really appreciated that!) but the new room's heater unit needed a new belt because it screeched so bad that I ended up just turning it off. I didn't want to move again, so I just put up with it. The cold water faucet on the tub also leaked. I gave the desk clerk a list of things that were wrong with the room when I checked out. I did tell her that I wasn't complaining about what needed fixed because I do hold the belief that if the hotel isn't made aware of problems, they can't fix them, but when you pay almost $100 per night, you expect there shouldn't be problems with the room.
Plus, both rooms were not the cleanest. This hotel is not the quality that Quality Inn is known for and it definitely isn't a quality price. My recommendation is to stay at Simmer Motel in Wamego. Wamego is just 15 miles east of Manhattan, and the Simmer Motel is much more affordable (half the price) plus the owners are super friendly!

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, request a room on the upper floors. When I was moved to a different room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GMQualityInn1, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We've had the pleasure of staying here in the past and we have always enjoyed the service we've recieved. We were met by Jessie at counter when we arrived, he was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were as we rememberd clean and comfortable, Hotel is very close to a variety of nice eating places. as we were leaving like we often do before the 6:00 A.M Hour the Clerk Robert was very nice, he even remembered us after nearly a year of of our last stay, Food was out and ready to consume if we chose to eat, Coffee and hot water for my tea was ready. We would stay again was worth the trip. Thanks :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMQualityInn1, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again here in Manhattan,Kansas.
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Its an older hotel, but I was pleasently suprised upon entering my room. The bed was much better than I expected. The room had decent size and had a large flat screen tv. The room also included a fridge. The staff offers breakfast from 6 - 10 a.m., but I did not use it. The pool and spa area also looked clean.

The only negative for me was the towels in the bathroom seem a bit cheap. It was gameday weekend so price of the hotel is not what I would normally pay, but if you want to have a hotel in Manhattan on gameday expect to pay a kings ransom or stay somewhere horrible.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of the hotel are away from the train tracks in the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMQualityInn1, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again here in Manhattan Kansas.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Pluses - location convenient to downtown. Staff friendly

Minuses - location next to the train tracks. Thought we were having an earthquake when the chairs and bed began to shake; several broken/ non- functioning things in room. Typical cont breakfast was not done well. Coffee was horrible. Need to wash coffee pots every now and then

• Stayed August 2012
GMQualityInn1, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!