“Host unable to pick up on non-verbal cues” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons of the Fox

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lindsborg
Seasons of the Fox
You added Seasons of the Fox to your Saves list
505 N Second Streret, Lindsborg, KS 67456   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Lindsborg B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Host unable to pick up on non-verbal cues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

Rather than being asked when I wasted to eat, was told my breakfast would be at 8:30a (even though I wake up at 5a). I asked if there was a way to get coffee earlier and was rebuffed.
Just trying to get to my room (after an exhausting day of travel) was a nightmare. As a single woman traveling alone I did not want to ride in a tiny elevator with a man I didn't know, but after asking twice if I could please take the stairs, he insisted. We stopped off in a tiny library where he said I would have to eat breakfast since they were serving people from the local college in the dining room the next morning. Then while I was still holding my suitcase, he spent a few minutes tidying the room up. When he finally showed me my room, he followed me in and after so much information i clearly wasn't interested in (about the building next door and how every lamp worked and information about the bed…), it felt like he was never going to leave. Rather than hurrying it along for a traveler who obviously wanted nothing more than to go to bed, he threw the papers said "well good for you. you're a TERRIBLE listener!" and slammed the door. I grabbed my suitcase and checked into a Hampton Inn in Salina.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
De Soto, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

This place was pristine. A lot of beautiful wood. The owners were very accommodating and a lot of effort and resources went into this home. The Swedish themed breakfast was an excellent 4-course meal (didn't need to eat lunch :). Very good place if you are handicapped. There was even a elevator that went from the ground floor to the 3rd story. Would definitively recommend.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Waterloo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was dismayed to read some of the reviews as I contemplated a place to stay and am so glad that I didn't heed the advice of some of them. We found the Inn very pleasant, with a lovely garden place and gazebo to rest in after shopping in this delightful town. Sue and Michael were more than helpful to us and Sue is a wonderful cook, have very pleasing presentations with her breakfast's. There were also mid-afternoon "appiteasers" and late evening snacks. I found the Inn very comfortable. No complaint from this traveler.

Room Tip: Read the description on their web-page. The descriptions are accurate and you can make your choice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is unfortunate that this B&B is pretty much ruined by the owners/innkeepers. I agree overall with the reviews that share the rude, inconsiderate treatment given by the owners. That truly ruined our experience.

Yes, it's a beautiful house, and it has many nice features. Still that is trumped by the terrible way the innkeepers treat their guests.

Room Tip: The Winter Room has an old tub that has a hand-held shower thing. Had to use the step to get in, the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Percival, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed two days at The Seasons of the Fox for our anniversary. It was just the perfect get-a-way for us. Michael, and Sue are great host's, and they made us feel very welcome.
The house is just beautiful, and Sue decorates it for the time of year. The rooms are clean, and inviting. The breakfast was a Swedish Delight! Michael is very proud of the work they have done on the home, and is happy to answer any questions about the restoration. The courtyard has the nicest water feature I have ever seen at a B&B. There is so much wildlife around you when you sit in the Gazebo that you may think you are in a park! We will be back to stay with Michael, and Sue again, and recommend The Seasons of the Fox to anyone who wants a quiet get-a-way with attention to your needs!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. Be sure to check out their Web site to view each of the rooms, and what t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My first visit there 5 years ago was wonderful, although I checked in at 9pm and left at 8am. I returned for a larger event, reserved the entire inn (all four rooms) for my family, and we were treated absolutely horrible by Sue, one of the Inn keepers, she spoke with hate and disgust in her voice, never had a nice thing to say, was not welcoming, and never once cracked a smile. Michael, the other Inn Keeper was a pleasant man, who obviously tried to make up for her behavior. We were appalled at the treatment she gave all of us, and have heard similar things about the Swedish Country Inn, in Lindsborg. We will try the Rosberg House next time. It's such a shame, Seasons of the Fox was a beautiful Inn, with such potential! Definitely do not go there!!!!

Room Tip: Try the Rosberg House in Lindsborg, otherwise stay in Salina or McPherson! Not Seasons of the Fox o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OK City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I will not be returning to this B&B, although it is a lovely place. MY family and I were made to feel very unwelcome by the owners (made to feel as if we were imposing on them). Public areas could not be enjoyed, the place needed a good cleaning top to bottom, dirty windows, spiderwebs, dead bugs in the windows, sheets were not fresh and the pillows had an awful smell, towels felt as if they were line dry-rough to the skin, the mattress was okay. The breakfast to me was a stressful event and not enjoyable. The owners need to learn the meaning of hospitality.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Seasons of the Fox? Share your experiences!