“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this with the name your own price feature on price line and indeed you get what you pay for. The first room they put me in was disgusting. After the change, the room was adequate. Grab and Go breakfast was a big plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I reserved a room at Extended Stay on line directly with EXTENDED STAY on line on 5/29/13 to arrive on 6/26/13. They called me 3 hours before I was to arrive to say they were overbooked. They had rebooked me in another extended stay hotel 2 miles away. BUt it did not have a pool or a fitness facility. Which is why I choose that location. When we arrived, they overcharged my credit card for an extra night. Then when we got to the room it was covered in ANTS....they offered to call an exterminator....WHAT! They also said I could use a BE OUR GUEST coupon, but when I told them I was not staying they kept the coupon. It took me 3 hours of driving around to find a hotel in Kansas City with my kids in the car!!!!! Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this to anyone. Very poor customer service. When I called the original hotel I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Staff is OK, but the rooms are old and the all have some things that don't work (like broken lamps, water tap). They first got me in a room which wasn't cleaned. I went back to the lobby and after a couple of phone calls, I was told that all maids quit on the same day?
I got a new room and that one was OK. At least it was clean.
I know you can't expect much for this price, but for a couple of bucks more you can get a much better place.
It's also about 100 feet from the highway, so a lot of noise from that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were great, once again very friendly. The price through Priceline, unbelievable. It was clean, welcoming, location was great, right off the high way. I spent a week there and will return to ks and for looking forward to stay there again.

Jean aka h34tw4vdem

• Stayed April 2013
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I explained to the front desk staff what I was looking for, ( far away from road noise, a comfortable bed). After getting into my room (#266) I noticed that it smelled of cigarette smoke. The front desk staff was pleasant & tried to be helpful but the 2nd room was parking lot side of the hotel which was more open to the highway & although smelled great was very loud. The next room smelled so overwhelmingly bad of cigarette smoke that I didn't even make it inside the door.I ended up staying in the 1st room because it was late & I felt that this could go on all night. I was awakened in the middle of the night because I felt as if there was something in the bed biting me, I'm not sure if there were bugs or if it is due to a cleaning chemical used in the laundry. I moved to the couch & fell back to sleep. I also noticed that the alarm clock alarm switch was melted on the top from what appeared to be a burn mark & there was another apparent burn mark on the toilet seat. This was the most horrible, exhausted night I have spent anywhere. I checked out the next day. The manager's excuse to me was that smoking in hotel rooms there is actually against the law there. Not really a good excuse when 2 of the 4 rooms I was exposed to, reeked from the smell of smoke If you are allergic to cigarette smoke as I am do not stay here. Long story sort I guess you get what you pay for & if you expect the worst at that price then you are ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lenexa, KS, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

From Henry (who runs the place) to Heather, to Deborah, Shaun and everyone who Henry hires: this place is top of the line and deserves to be recognized!!!
Every time I have a 'look' on my face there is always someone there to ask if there is anything I need. I have stayed at many places and am more than honored to leave my first review for Extended Stay America in Lenexa.
They will make you feel as if you are the only guest there~ and yet you tip outside your room and see there are so many rooms: how do they do it? Top-rate service is how!
If you are anywhere near the KC area, everything is easy to get to: so haul your behind to Lenexa and stay at the Extended Stay America!

MiTCH

Room Tip: no tips~ they do everything for you
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended stay for about a month for work. The staff was very polite and professional. The rooms were not that good. The carpet was so old and crusty i had to wear my sandals the whole time. I had bugs in the first room i had so i had to switch to another where my heater broke before i switched to another room. the place needs some up dating. everything outside my room was very nice, except for being right next to the highway noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you experienced bugs in your first room and that you felt that you had to wear sandals due to the condition of the carpet. I also apologize about your heater breaking down. I am going to hold a staff meeting to review our cleanliness & room standard policies since you should not have been checked into rooms that are not in perfect condition as well as to ensure that the experience you encountered does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kcx@extendedstay.com. Thanks again for your review and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again!

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Address: 8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Lenexa
Extended Stay Lenexa
Lenexa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.