You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
“Just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were great, once again very friendly. The price through Priceline, unbelievable. It was clean, welcoming, location was great, right off the high way. I spent a week there and will return to ks and for looking forward to stay there again.

Jean aka h34tw4vdem

• Stayed April 2013

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I explained to the front desk staff what I was looking for, ( far away from road noise, a comfortable bed). After getting into my room (#266) I noticed that it smelled of cigarette smoke. The front desk staff was pleasant & tried to be helpful but the 2nd room was parking lot side of the hotel which was more open to the highway & although smelled great was very loud. The next room smelled so overwhelmingly bad of cigarette smoke that I didn't even make it inside the door.I ended up staying in the 1st room because it was late & I felt that this could go on all night. I was awakened in the middle of the night because I felt as if there was something in the bed biting me, I'm not sure if there were bugs or if it is due to a cleaning chemical used in the laundry. I moved to the couch & fell back to sleep. I also noticed that the alarm clock alarm switch was melted on the top from what appeared to be a burn mark & there was another apparent burn mark on the toilet seat. This was the most horrible, exhausted night I have spent anywhere. I checked out the next day. The manager's excuse to me was that smoking in hotel rooms there is actually against the law there. Not really a good excuse when 2 of the 4 rooms I was exposed to, reeked from the smell of smoke If you are allergic to cigarette smoke as I am do not stay here. Long story sort I guess you get what you pay for & if you expect the worst at that price then you are ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lenexa, KS, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

From Henry (who runs the place) to Heather, to Deborah, Shaun and everyone who Henry hires: this place is top of the line and deserves to be recognized!!!
Every time I have a 'look' on my face there is always someone there to ask if there is anything I need. I have stayed at many places and am more than honored to leave my first review for Extended Stay America in Lenexa.
They will make you feel as if you are the only guest there~ and yet you tip outside your room and see there are so many rooms: how do they do it? Top-rate service is how!
If you are anywhere near the KC area, everything is easy to get to: so haul your behind to Lenexa and stay at the Extended Stay America!

MiTCH

Room Tip: no tips~ they do everything for you
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended stay for about a month for work. The staff was very polite and professional. The rooms were not that good. The carpet was so old and crusty i had to wear my sandals the whole time. I had bugs in the first room i had so i had to switch to another where my heater broke before i switched to another room. the place needs some up dating. everything outside my room was very nice, except for being right next to the highway noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you experienced bugs in your first room and that you felt that you had to wear sandals due to the condition of the carpet. I also apologize about your heater breaking down. I am going to hold a staff meeting to review our cleanliness & room standard policies since you should not have been checked into rooms that are not in perfect condition as well as to ensure that the experience you encountered does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kcx@extendedstay.com. Thanks again for your review and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I love the fact the rooms have dishwashers, it's time consuming when I would have to wash dishes by hand especially having two toddlers to handle. The workout room is nice to have too. The housekeepers are friendly and always leaves extras if requested. The front desk staff are friendly. I love the location of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved the features of our room and that you our staff was accommodating and friendly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

If I had to stay somewhere again for the long period of time I would choose this hotel, the Front Desk Clerks were friendly, caring & extremely helpful as well as the manager Devyn making sure we had everything we needed while we stayed there! I would recommend this hotel to my friends as well as someone who was looking for a hotel overnight, a weekend, a couple of nites, a few nites, a week, a couple weeks, a few weeks a month or however long is needed this the hotel to stay at!

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We booked 3 nights for memorial day weekend. Returned at 2 pm from being out and the ceiling in the bathroom was waking water and there was a puddle all over the floor. The pull out sofa in the suite caves in and the mattress on it is paper thin. We had to ask for another mattress so it would be padded. Also we had to request a blanket for the pullout sofa because all they had was a throw. The bed is hard as a rock and the whole atmosphere is a dump. The bathroom sink, cold water barely turns on. The staff is very friendly and apologetic for all the flaws and it is close to good shopping. But this place is a total dump to stay in. We looked forlthwr hotels to leave but they are all booked for memorial day weekend. We are stuck here with a puddle of water in the bathroom floor leaking from the ceiling. They said all the rooms do that here. Nice, huh.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money. This place is a dump.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the ceiling leak, water puddle on floor, pull out sofa mattress and bathroom sink issue, we have inspected all of our rooms and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Address: 8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Lenexa
Extended Stay Lenexa
Lenexa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.