“I love the room features, and hotel amenities.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Lenexa
“I love the room features, and hotel amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I love the fact the rooms have dishwashers, it's time consuming when I would have to wash dishes by hand especially having two toddlers to handle. The workout room is nice to have too. The housekeepers are friendly and always leaves extras if requested. The front desk staff are friendly. I love the location of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved the features of our room and that you our staff was accommodating and friendly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

If I had to stay somewhere again for the long period of time I would choose this hotel, the Front Desk Clerks were friendly, caring & extremely helpful as well as the manager Devyn making sure we had everything we needed while we stayed there! I would recommend this hotel to my friends as well as someone who was looking for a hotel overnight, a weekend, a couple of nites, a few nites, a week, a couple weeks, a few weeks a month or however long is needed this the hotel to stay at!

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We booked 3 nights for memorial day weekend. Returned at 2 pm from being out and the ceiling in the bathroom was waking water and there was a puddle all over the floor. The pull out sofa in the suite caves in and the mattress on it is paper thin. We had to ask for another mattress so it would be padded. Also we had to request a blanket for the pullout sofa because all they had was a throw. The bed is hard as a rock and the whole atmosphere is a dump. The bathroom sink, cold water barely turns on. The staff is very friendly and apologetic for all the flaws and it is close to good shopping. But this place is a total dump to stay in. We looked forlthwr hotels to leave but they are all booked for memorial day weekend. We are stuck here with a puddle of water in the bathroom floor leaking from the ceiling. They said all the rooms do that here. Nice, huh.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money. This place is a dump.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the ceiling leak, water puddle on floor, pull out sofa mattress and bathroom sink issue, we have inspected all of our rooms and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

we needed a hotel over the weekend of the NASCAR races and everyone was booked. We found this hotel and it was very convenient to where we were going. We really liked the kitchen and island. The price was extremely good. I didn't like the polyester bedspread. We also had a man to the back of us who had moved out from his wife and was calling her all hours, cussing and yelling at her and telling her she better not keep his dog, which she must not have since we heard barking the next morning. He also had his tv on all night which we could clearly hear. So if you get someone loud behind you, you might be disturbed at night. But all in all, for the price, we thought it was a very good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was very impressed by the hotel staff specially the manager how excellent, friendly and helpful they were!!!
The rooms are big and very comfortable, it has a separately bedroom, living area and a full kitchen, the location it's perfect, you'll find shopping center, mall, groceries stores and much more by walking distance and that is a big plus!!!
I would definitely go back again, I wish all hotels staff and managers can be the same as this great team!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

First off, for an extended stay facility, they are VERY generous with linens. Four bathtowels were supplied for the week between cleanings. Also, there are two small bars of soap, but you WILL have to provide your own shampoo.
Decent, comfortable, but very small in comparison to even a standard hotel room WITHOUT a kitchen. Some rooms face the very busy I-35. All room entrances are to the outside and, word of caution - the corridors/stairways leading to the rooms are NOT well-lighted. Further, I have concerns about this property as it's apparently being used by the State of Kansas for indigent housing. Call me a bigot, but I'm simply not comfortable with accommodations that house folks who aren't, "well-vetted!"
Parking spaces are few and very tight. Also a result of, "permanent residents" parking vehicles in the few spots and then never moving them...
Internet access is denied unless one pays an upfront fee of something like $5-$6. However, it's provided by, "Innflux" which was the provider at a Holiday Inn where I stayed previously - and featured the WORST connection I've experienced since giving up dial-up! Obviously, I opted out of paying extra for another disaster and, considering I didn't particularly care for the environment, spent much of my time using the free wifi available at several nearby establishments.
Only a week here - and not a BAD experience, but, I've NO interest in extending my stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed here for one night to save money, prior to the start of a conference at the Crown Center. It was well outside town, in a decent area off the interstate, and offered a clean, homey accomodation.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Extended Stay America Lenexa
Extended Stay Lenexa
Lenexa Extended Stay
Address: 8015 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.