“Stinky, dirty & would not go back!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9775 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Extended Stay America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
Overland Park, Kansas
“Stinky, dirty & would not go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Chose this hotel b/c of the location & price, Should have known it was too cheap to be any good!

Should have known when you walked into the "office" and it smelled like stale smoke. The room was no better and there was a hole in the fitted sheet, window wouldn't close, smelled like mold in the ducts, there was urine in the toilet when I checked in & went to use the toilet. The matress had springs poking me and it was a terrible nights sleep. Disgusting place and I would not reccommend to anyone! Checked out after one night & found another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., responded to this review, August 3, 2012

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

At first I missed the hotel, as it looks like its an apartment complex. Its right next to the motel 6. Check in went very well. The manager was super friendly and I even told her about Trip Advisor! My room was GREAT! The rooms are the size of a small 1 bedroom apartment. Good sized kitchen with pots/pans/plates etc... I only used the fridge. A kitchen table with 2 chairs, which I used for my laptop. The couch was fairly big and I had a 27 inch TV. They dont get a ton of channels, so be aware of that. The bathroom is small but worked great. The shower pressure was GREAT and the hot water was HOT. The shower head was a tad bit low for me, as the tub raised you up a few inches as well, but the shower head was adjustable, so it wasnt a big deal. Then you have a separate bedroom, with another desk, another TV, and a storage area to hang up clothing. I had so much room I didnt know what to do with it all. The room has forced air for heating/cooling, and it works GREAT but can be a little loud. The fans that blow it really work great and gets the rooms cool quickly. WiFi was "ok", but couldnt upload anything, but good download speed. The manager even came to check on me and ensure I liked my room! I used the on-site laundry, which was $2 a wash or dry and it worked fine. I had a room closer to the motel 6 side and it was very quiet. I am glad i was away from the guests that had a very annoying dog and kids that kept screaming though! Right off the highway, easy to get to, and close to a lot, inc food, the Oak Park Mall and much more. Bed and pillows were standard but comfortable. This really changed my opinion of the Extended Stay brand and I would gladly stay here again. The staff was super nice and helpful, the room was clean, efficient, and made you feel right at home. This was my 6th hotel ogf my vacation, and easily the best one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The entire staff made me welcomed, appreciated and cared for during my four day stay in Lenexa. Could not find any further improvements needed. Rooms were clean and well kept and a mall, Oak Brook is a couple of blocks down. Property is quiet and has a large field in back. Will stay here again on my next visit towards Overland Park.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, I was given a room at the back side of hotel were a large field lies and is a cou...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a week, and didn't have any problems until right before we left. I started itching on my arms, legs, and feet, and then tiny little red spots appeared. After researching, I discovered my symptoms were bed bugs. The spots/itching continued until 9 days after the symptoms first appeared, which is what my research predicted would happen. It is now March and I haven't had any stratching/red dots since. I'm so glad I didn't bring them home with me in our luggage. This was my first, and hopefully my last, experience with bed bugs! I did not contact the hotel, since I didn't realize what was happening until after I returned home, and I didn't have "proof" by being able to show the bed bugs to staff. I stayed in Room 313.

I'm disappointed. Otherwise, the hotel was fine. It was in a GREAT location for us, and the staff was nice. I had every intention of staying at this hotel again when we visited family/friends in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I had never stayed at this particular brand of extended stay hotel before, Booked on Hotwire and ended up there as the luck of the draw. They were the first one I had seen (outside of millitary installations) that had cooking and eating utensils in the room -- sure saves eating restaurant food all the time! I wish I had known that before I had arrived, and would have planned much differently.

The room was clean, comfortable. Immediately next to I-35 which makes it very accessable, but if you are a particularly light sleeper, you might want to bring ear plugs because of the traffic noise.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

The rooms are more like an apartment than a motel, with full kitchen, seprate bedroom
& living room. The range has a full size oven, most places with kitchens still don't
have that. The only negative is that the tv only has some rinkidink satalite servece
and only has about 30 channels, most are news and sports. But the high speed enternet
works.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Portage
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

My wife and I recently made a trip to Topeka Kansas for a family reunion. Unfortunately most major airlines don't fly into Topeka so we flew into Kansas City, Mo and decided to book our hotel near the airport. The room was nothing special although it seemed clean. Check-in time was 3:00 p.m. and we arrived 3 hours early around 12. The room was not ready however they said it would be ready in about 1/2 hour and it was. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. The room came equipped with a refrigerator, sink, and microwave oven. This would be a great place to stay for people on a budget who wanted to prepare simple meals in the room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.

Address: 9775 Lenexa Drive, Lenexa, KS 66215 (Formerly Extended Stay America)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lenexa
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lenexa
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Lenexa
Lenexa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.