“It didn't set my world on fire but it wasn't bad either.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 78 restaurants in Lenexa
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Overland Park, Kansas
“It didn't set my world on fire but it wasn't bad either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I recently visited during weekday breakfast. I ordered the french toast with "sassy apples" and my friend ordered the Hobo breakfast skillet. The french toast was fine but was obviously created to satisfy those with blander palettes. I didn't taste any cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla - flavors you find in many french toast recipes. The bread had been nicely saturated with the egg/custard mixture so it had a pleasant consistency and with a bunch of syrup added, it was a perfectly fine breakfast. Let's just not discuss the "sassy apples".

My friend enjoyed his Hobo breakfast and said it was good.

We were lucky enough to have a buy one, get one free coupon so this breakfast ended up being decent food for a very good value. I should also mention that our waiter was attentive and seemed very nice. The restaurant was clean and the decor was appealing. If the specialty coffee machines weren't hideously loud, the restaurant's atmosphere would be very nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best place for brunch. Skillets are to die for and they've got great French Toast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They've gone way down hill over the years. It used to be good like 10-15 years ago, but now I'd tell you to save your...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

They've gone way down hill over the years. It used to be good like 10-15 years ago, but now I'd tell you to save your money.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“So not into this place, but there's nothing really bad about it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

So not into this place, but there's nothing really bad about it.