“Best Sushi in Lenexa” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
“Best Sushi in Lenexa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Sushi is outstanding. Prices are very reasonable. Every time I have gone there (5 times), they have given me free soup with my order. Service is a little slow. However, it's only because everything is made very fresh and comes out perfect looking. Every time I go, the restaurant is pretty full also. I always get a cold beer and order ginger salad to hold me over.

Visited October 2012

Olathe
“Good quality sushi at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son and I have a tradition of eating sushi in September as both of our birthdays fall in that month. None of the family members care for sushi so it's turned into a thing we do. We went to Edokko specifically because we got a Groupon for it. I would have normally gone to a different restaurant, but with a discount we decided to give it a try.

When we first walked in the hostess was very abrupt and a bit snippy when we showed her the Groupon. I don't like being mistreated at a restaurant so was instantly on guard as to how this experience was going to go.

To my relief I found our server to be very attentive and helpful. I watched as the owner milled around and talked with guests and helped the chefs. They were very busy (due to the Groupon I suspect) and perhaps that hostess was just having a bad day.

We had an assortment plate and then ordered an extra roll and nigiri. We enjoyed the sushi. It was not the best I have ever had, but it was good. I felt like the nigiri pieces were a little thin on the fish.

Prices were a bit higher than other places in the area, I believe, but not wholly out of range.

We would go back again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shawnee, Kansas
“great sushi in the suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I went here with my husband and some family members for NYE this year, and we all really enjoyed it! It was the first time eating-in for all of us (I had gotten sushi to go previously); the atmosphere was good--decorated nicely, clean, very friendly staff. We had been looking for a good place to get sushi (in a non-hibachi grill), in KS for quite some time, and we will definitely return.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Nice change of pace for Xmas dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Ate here on Christmas night, so kudos for being open on the holiday. Nice, family run restaurant with great atmosphere. The sushi was good for the most part. Not the best I've ever had, but excellent considering it's Kansas. Very friendly and helpful staff! Definitely worth trying if you happen to be in K.C. and get tired of the barbecue.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overall, amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

When my family came here we were amazed by the wonderful service, nice calming atmosphere, and delicious food! The table was clean, nice, and the lady at the front desk was kind, and welcoming. We had a reservation and we were seated immediately. The menu consisted of many high class choices such as sashimi, mango rolls, delicious fresh scallop dish, and many more. We ordered, and the food was quick to the table. I suggest getting the Negamaki, a beef roll stuffed with asparagus on a bed of white cabbage. It was delicious, juicy, and overall, all the food was great. Our waiter was very kind, And the whole service team was kind. Overall, I will never forget my trip to Edokko.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere