“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
O P 1906 Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 90 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lamar
Transit: College Boulevard & Lamar serviced through the Johnson county public transportation , "the JO."
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

the food was very good. The waitress was very friendly.

Visited November 2011

Leavenworth, Kansas
“Good food but lonely dining experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Ate at OP1906 last weekend, and while the food was very good, in some cases outstanding, it was a very strange, almost weird, experience to be the *only* diners in the *whole* restaurant for almost 2/3d's of our time there. One other couple with a small child came in as we were finishing our entrees. My wife said that if there were more people there, and the usual buzz and talking of restaurant, plus being able to see other dishes going to nearby tables ("oh, what's that?!?", etc.), she said it would have been a more enjoyable experience. As it was, the appetizers, especially the humus and scallops, were very flavorful. For entrees, the wife had the shrimp and grits (OK, needed a little more seasonings), and I had the Kobe Meatloaf. While the name was a bit of an oxymoron, the meatloaf was really very tasty. Our dinner guests enjoyed their meals too. Our lone wait staff was very friendly and helpful--how could she not be with only one table?!? As mentioned in reviews on other sites, we didn't get the whole gameboard/chess piece theme in the restaurant. That, coupled with the strange Sunday evening lonely dining experience, means we have no plans to return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buckingham, Virginia
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

half price appetizers so we ordered 2 of each, the hummus was awesome! Had the potato leek soup which was wonderful, and a nice salad. enjoyed it very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, WI
“Quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

While staying at the Sheraton Overland Park Convention Center, I ate here for 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches. My first lunch I had the Flatbread appetizer which came with fresh herbs, buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, and a balsamic reduction. The balsamic reduction was divine, it made the flatbread. Large enough portion to share with another person for a light lunch, or for 4 to share before dinner. Very good. My second lunch was the tuna sandwich. It also was delicious, the best tuna sandwich I have ever had. It has made me decide I will be adding lemon to my tuna next time. Very crisp, clean and fresh tasting. The fries were average, maybe they could have been cooked longer? First breakfast was the buffet...kind of left something to be desired here. Especially considering I could have ordered my omelet off the menu for less. The selection is good, but not the best for what you're paying. $12 is a lot for breakfast. Second breakfast was the blueberry and granola pancakes which were HUGE. Dinner plate size, and stacked 3 high. I didn't really taste any granola?? But they were good anyway. Excellent service. And although the hotel coffee bar advertises they sell Starbucks, don't be fooled! The flavor is not consistent with Starbuck's trademark. I ordered a White Chocolate Mocha and it tasted nothing like a mocha. Other than this one teeny tiny detail, food and service were excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere