“Totally average” 3 of 5 stars

913-322-7444
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pig & Finch Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 89 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Los Angeles
“Totally average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The place sounded interesting and close to the hotel. The food was underwhelming and nothing remarkable. The staff was very friendly, but that didn't really make up for the food.

Visited September 2013

USA
“Great food, nice ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Enjoyed the ambiance. Wait staff was very helpful. Alot of really good options on the menu - flatbread pizza was excellent. Nice wine list as well. Will definitely go back there!

Visited September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Special Occasion Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ate here once and the food and service were excellent. The decor was upscale and fun (lots of purple). This would not be a place for weekly dining for me simply due to cost. The valet parking adds to the experience for some folks I guess. So, no complaints other than the cost... hence reserving it for special occasions.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We wanted to love this place, but no one in our foursome did. While one of the group ordered pork belly and enjoyed it, I tasted his and didn't want another bite. The flatbread dish was dry and not filling. They ran out of the fresh heirloom tomato salad that we all ordered and planned our main dish around. I'm sure the groan from out table was heard by others. I ordered a salad but said I didn't like kale so wanted lettuce. What did I get? Kale. I'm sorry to say we won't go back in spite if the beautiful decor and general ambiance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“Great Casual Date Night - Excellent Comfort Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I got out this past weekend for a dinner and a movie date night, and we were so pleased we selected Pig & Finch Gastro Pub for our meal. Park Place (where it is located) is lovely in itself, and the restaurant had a casual but upscale feel. We were greeted upon entering and quickly seated.

We ordered the Pretzel Bites with Ale Cheese Sauce and Stone Ground Mustard as a snack before our meal. They were delicious and we wished we had many more! My husband ordered the nightly special, Fried Chicken with Green Bean Casserole, Yukon Mashed Potatoes (thatsa lotta butta!), and a Jalepeno Corn Biscuit. That was a lot of food for the price! The fried chicken was extra crispy and the green bean casserole sure beat the Thanksgiving standard. I ordered the Short Rib Grilled Cheese with the Green Bean Ragout and chips. Between the white cheddar, gruyere, short ribs, and the brioche, it was very rich but delicious. The food was quite heavy but we ordered comfort food so expected that. Our server was excellent...upbeat, helpful, and efficient. We ordered the Fried Donut Holes with Strawberry Cream and Lemon Curd to go. It sounded fantastic, but I will say that it didn't rock our world. There were many other desserts on the menu that appealed to me. I'll try those next time. Because there will be one.

We loved our night at Pig & Finch!

• Visited September 2013