“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Montana Court, US HWY 73 AND KANSAS 7, Leavenworth, KS 66048 (Formerly Super 8 Motel)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Leavenworth
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. The hallways smelled like butt and urine. The room smelled as well. I had to buy candles and air freshener. There was hair in the bath tub. The windows sills were filthy with dead flys in them. The box spring of the mattress has a brown stain on the side. Not sure if it was blood or what. The bedspread had huge cigarette burns on it. The blanket was old and worn. The sheets, however, were clean. The Wi-Fi was so weak I couldn't connect to it. The TV was old and the cable wire didn't have a good connection. There was an HBO guide for August on the TV but no HBO. The mini fridge wasn't cold at all. The owner or someone knocked on the door and walked right in saying something about the smoke detector. My husband couldn't understand the broken English. The worst of it was later that night when the roaches came out. I had stayed here 3 years ago and it was wonderful. Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The Internet, the breakfast, the staff, the hot tub are absolutely the worse I have had experience with. I stay in a hotel somewhere in the Midwest every other week. When I stay I shop my prices on Priceline.com well this time I paid way to much on Priceline since upon check in I found out they charge 39.99 per night for a single room, I paid 54.99 on Priceline. This hotel is not worth 24.99 per night. The hot tub is like an ice tub, the Internet works when it wants to, the breakfast is not what is advertised on Priceline, and for the staff I wish I knew what happened to the American language. That is all I have to say, except I will never stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The beds are gross the room smells the air conditioner has mold in it. My family and i can not stand the smell. My mom and i both have a head cold and it is making our headaches worse than what they have even in a week.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in, I thought this was a Super 8. All the signs say Super 8. Even the cups, wastebaskets, and floor mats say Super8 still. It wasn't until after my credit card was run that I was told it was no longer a Super 8 anymore and I would not be able to get my Wyndam rewards points.

The Good: the room was clean and was recently painted.

The Bad: the exterior is terrible- boards missing, trim falling off, paint peeling. It is not handicapped accessible. You have to go up stairs or downstairs to get to any of the rooms here. The breakfast was very meager. I have more variety on the floor of my car. It's noisy. The building is cheaply constructed out of what, and you can hear footsteps of anybody going down the hall or above you.

There is hope, however. They are just finishing a major renovation of the swimming pool area. The contractor expects to be finished this weekend.

I might or might not stay here again. Four $44 a night, I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons.

• Stayed May 2013
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I read the reviews before we booked this place and I thought to myself, "there's no way this hotel is THAT bad." WELL IT IS!

Look, I work the front desk of a hotel. I know how things are done. I made a reservation with the hotel weeks in advance. When I got to the hotel the Front Desk agent, Andrew, didn't even look up my reservation, he just checked me in under a new folio, even though I showed him my confirmation number. He kept asking, "Did you do this through Booking.com?" I told him TWICE that I made the reservation through the America's Best Value Inn website.

When I got up to the room I found a layer of dust on the coffee pot, the A/C unit covering falling off and our bathroom door wasn't functioning properly. The door would close, and stay closed, but you didn't need to twist the doorknob to open it. That meant that even if you locked the door someone else in the room could just open it right up. When I went downstairs to tell Andrew about the door (I didn't want them to come fix it. We were willing to put up with it. I just wanted them to know so that maintenance could fix it after we left, because the NEXT guest might not be so accommodating), he told me in a very uncaring manner, "yeah, unfortunately all of our rooms are going to have one or two slight imperfections like that."

The next day we accidentally left our Do Not Disturb sign up while we were running errands. When I went down to the desk to ask for new towels at 2:30 in the afternoon, Andrew told me that housekeeping "doesn't like to replenish that stuff after 2 P.M." I was so floored I was speechless! I finally got him to offer me pool towels, but when he got up to get them he said there were none available. He finally offered to go look for some real towels for me, but said it might be a while before he could find them. He asked me to come back after 6. When I came back that evening I was greeted by a much kinder and much more friendly front desk agent who actually took the time out of his day to go get me towels from the housekeeping area. It took him less than 5 minutes. I have no idea why Andrew couldn't do this for me, when I was the ONLY guest at the desk, his phone was NOT ringing, and he had just been sitting down watching TV when I walked up.

Other things to note:
The breakfast is a joke. It's a few boxes of cereal, a dozen danishes, a few muffins, orange juice and coffee.
The whole reason we chose this hotel was for the indoor, heated pool. When we arrived there was a note on the pool area saying it was closed. As we were checking out Andrew was telling a woman who was checking in that the pool was closed indefinitely due to mechanical issues. It sure would be nice if there was some kind of note about that on their website!

Next time we will stay at the Days Inn or Holiday Inn Express down the street. This hotel taught me that "value" is about more than just money.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay at a different hotel.