“unique place” 4 of 5 stars

913-758-1715
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, Tapas
Description: I am not the owner, nor representative. Just glad to see a new restaurant open in our town! Cafe Chilingo phone number - 913-758-1715. Info from their Facebook page: Welcome to Café Chilingo in Leavenworth Kansas. We are a family owned and operated establishment, and strive to gain an unparalleled reputation as one of the best hot dog and chili restaurants in the U.S. We offer a variety of dogs including Kosher, veggie, all beef, Turkey and Chicago style dogs with a "snap". We offer a unique Greek meat sauce, "chili", over pasta or hot dogs topped with cheddar cheese, onions and crackers. Its delicious and unforgetable! We hope to see you at our new location in historical downtown Leavenworth!
Kansas
“unique place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

good dogs, fun and differnet place, glad they are here in our town!! They have the craziest toppings for hot dogs, but also have different meat for dogs, like kosher, veggie, brats and etc. fun place to take the kids.

Visited June 2012

CHICAGO
“Traditional & innovative hot dog & sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The owner has devised 20-30 new hot dog recipes. While she does the perfect Chicago dog, she is always revising the menu. While on assignment across the street, I went often enough to be a "experiment" & just had her make something. If you are very lucky, you will be there when she is doing the teriyaki-bacon-avocado dog. But everything there is great.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas
“Great Cincinnati Chili and Chicago Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I really like this place. I grew up in Cincinnati and am a Cincinnati Chili freak. They make really good Cincinnati style chili. She makes the 3 Way (spaghetti, chili, cheese), the 4 Way (add onion or beans) and the 5 Way (with onions and beans) and it is delicious. Her Chicago Dogs are awesome. I fell in love with Chicago dogs during a trip to Chicago and her’s are as good as you can get in the Windy City. The Vienna Beef, the steamed poppy seed bun, bright green relish, tomatoes, pickles, sport peppers, celery salt, and mustard: its all there. The people that work there are extremely friendly. Definitely a joint and can be a little slow, but I really like it and I highly recommend you stop by for some great Cincinnati Chili or a great hot dog.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leavenworth
“Owner treated us very nicely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My mother and I went to Cafe Chilingo to use our Groupon today. The owner was very friendly and helpful, she made us feel as if we were part of the family. I paid $12 for my Groupon and it gave me four hotdogs, two sides, and two drinks. There is a list of hotdogs on a menu in the cashier area. The menu is small and hard to read. I wish they had provided a BIGGER FONT.

We did takeout and waited for our food. When I asked for a menu to take home so I could order by phone next time, the owner did not have any. Next time, I will go online, order by phone, and pick up. We did not mind the wait, but it is more convenient to pick up and go.

We liked the way the owner treated us, other customers, and her own staff. There were two other people working in the back area and she spoke to them in an encouraging way, like, "great job, guys!"

The hotdogs were average, nothing fancy, but the service was good and the Groupon price was a deal. If you go, ask them to toast the buns because ours were not toasted and was a bit soggy. For the price, we won't complain. They open from 10:30 am (?) to 2:30 pm on T to Sat. and close on Sun. and Mon. We have more Groupons and will likely return to help them stay in business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Kansas
“Fast and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Love those Chicago style Hot Dogs , they are great and the owners are very nice and helpful.

Visited February 2012