“The best stay in Leavenworth/Lansing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Park Guest House

Union Park Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Union Park Guest House
807 South 7th Street, Leavenworth, KS 66048   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Georgetown, Texas
“The best stay in Leavenworth/Lansing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is definitely the place to stay if you want comfort, clean, and wonderful breakfasts. The house is cozy, roomy and great location. Just a short distance to great shopping and food at the Legends. Lee and Shirley are the best host. Don't have a second thought stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Everything was superior.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sstieger, Owner at Union Park Guest House, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are so glad you were able to relax in a clean comfortable place. We try hard to make every guest feel welcome in order to enjoy your stay. Shirlely & Lee

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

UPGH is a traveler's gem. Spacious, well-equipped, reasonably priced, with the charm of an historic home. Loved the kitchen, deck, coffee on the porch, dining room, a real home away from home. Lee and Shirley were wonderful hosts. I opted for the "self-cooked" breakfast, which involved heating up the delicious quiche they placed for me in the refrigerator. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
So glad you enjoyed our little house, even though we advertise the whole house, most guests are surprised when they walk in and find they really get the whole house! It is a little luxury we love to share with our guests. Shirley & Lee
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Upon travelling to Kansas City and spending some time visiting family in Leavenworth, my wife and I decided to look at hotels, motels and bed & breakfasts in the area. And WOW, we found a gem of a location!

This is not your ordinary bed & breakfast - you actually get the ENTIRE HOUSE, available with your monthly night cost of stay. And it is worth it. Their web site is very accurate, so I will not go into too many details because it is dead on. In a wonderful part of Leavenworth, it is located not far from the military base, and only a half hour or so from Kansas City. A charming older home, but with a modern interior, made the house very pleasant to stay in. Free wi-fi, a wonderful tub and shower, and you get 2 parlors, a large bedroom, kitchen, dining room (for 8!) and living room. All furniture looked very new as well.

A little park is right in front of the house, and you can park your vehicle right in front. Why would you stay at a strip motel, or even a large hotel in KC when you can stay in your very own home for the same price? I actually found this on trip advisor, and I am so glad that I did.

The owners are very nice to work with, and we were treated like honored guests. We will definitely return when we come back to the Kansas City area.

Room Tip: Spend an evening on the rocking chair on the porch. Well worth your stay!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
A sincere thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Your tip to take advantage of the rocking chair on the front porch brought a smile to my face. It is sometimes hard to know what guests enjoy the most without these wonderful reviews. We will make sure to keep the rocker on the porch for future use.
Kearney, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed on a Saturday night at Union Park Guest House and had an awesome time. The house has a very welcoming feel to it. We enjoyed hearing about the history of the house and really liked the renovation progress book. Breakfast with Lee and Shirley on Sunday morning was such a nice time, and the quiche was amazing (request it!). We'll return again, soon, I hope.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I just stayed for two nights and went back in time. We loved the turn of the century classic styling of this wonderful home. Lee and Shirley have done a great job in restoring this house. We were served a delicious breakfast with woderful conversation. We were amazed at the history of Fred Harvey (Harvey Girls) and also all the hauntings which surround the Leavenworth area. The drive from K.C. was a piece of cake and O'Malleys Pub is a must in Weston.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Jamestown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this lovely guest house for a week on a combination business/leisure trip. Although I was working 50 minutes away from Leavenworth in Kansas City, the drive was well worth the time and inconvenience -- we could not have asked for a better place to have as "home base."

The guest house is a restored turn of the 19th century home. The restoration work is phenomenal -- great attention to period details was taken by the owners. Additionally, all modern upgrades were included, at obvious expense to the owners. The heating/cooling system, for example, is quiet and efficient. (This is very unusual for a restored Victorian era home; most houses of this era that we have stayed in have noisy and inefficient window air conditioners.) The kitchen is fully equipped with everything that you need for home cooking. The furnishings and decor suit the home perfectly, and provide a comfortable and relaxing environment. The home is meticulously clean; the linens are good quality and comfortable.

There is a front porch and back deck for you to relax on while having a cup of coffee. The back deck includes a grill. Additionally, the front porch faces Union Park -- a small oasis with a working fountain in an urban environment -- quite lovely!!

The hosts of this property, Shirley and Lee, provide breakfast if desired. We were up and out early each day, so we did not take advantage of this offering. However, we want travelers to know that it is available.

High-speed internet is provided. Although TV is available, it is provided through a "box" and only network TV and a few local stations are available. Because there is no cable service, you would be advised to bring DVDs or VHS tapes (there is a player for both) of your favorite programs if you are "couch potatoes" and enjoy watching your favorite cable programs in the evenings!

All in all, we were very pleased with our stay, and hope that our travels take us to the Leavenworth/Kansas City area in the future so we can enjoy the Guest House again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is a lovely spot. In fact, I would come back just for fun. Leavenworth itself is nice and seems to have some pleasant restaurants and shopping.

But the reason I was there was to visit my brother, who lives with his family at the Fort. Since he was going to be ferrying me around, I wanted to find a place that was near to the Fort. The Union Park Guest House was much closer than any of the chain motels and much, much, much nicer. It is in a lovely quiet area of town, across the street from a pretty little park. The garden around the house is pretty and well-tended with all sorts of lovely flowers.

The inside is even prettier. Each of the rooms was very nicely decorated, with nice touches everywhere. There were extra blankets for the bed, nice bath gel in the shower, pretty placemats for the table, and good-quality coffee (with half and half in the refrigerator).

The owners are very friendly and interesting. They bring the breakfast over in the morning (they live adjacent to the Guest House, around a corner) at the time you select. I told them my likes and dislikes on breakfast food and was rewarded with delicious breakfasts both mornings. Plus, that was when we would sit and visit.

If I were visiting a family on base, I would stay here in a heartbeat. The owners told me that they have several visitors who call this the "Grandparents' House" and I think it would be terrific to use for that purpose. But I would go back just to stay at the Guest House. In fact, even though my brother has moved to a different base, I'm thinking about going back with my daughter just for fun!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Union Park Guest House? Share your experiences!