“Very good place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Dallas, Tx
“Very good place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A guest and I stayed here for a weekend event. The room was clean, quiet with quality furnishings. The restroom was supplied with plenty towels and was very clean. The breakfast had a good variety of items for a continental breakfast. The bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again. In fact, I plan to stay here next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Hampton is reliably nice and comfortable. We have stayed here before and would be happy to stay heer again. Breakfast was nice with lots of choices. Nice warm cookies in the afternoon were inviting. Coffee throughouy the day was welcome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying in this Hampton Inn. We had a great night's stay!!! Friendly staff, appealing lobby, very clean nice room and a great breakfast!!! There was no noise which is always wonderful! Exceptional HI !!!

• Stayed March 2013
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice room. Smaller than most I have stayed in but clean and quiet. Good value for the price and excellent location with stores and restaurants close by. The "On the go breakfast" left a lot to be desired. These are suppose to be for the guest that don't have time for their free hot breakfast. A bottle of water a breakfast bar and an apple. Really I think they could do better. How about some juice at least.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground level. There was no microwave in the room. I did find one micowave in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Quick check in & had fresh coffee & hot water for tea. Nice clean hotel & friendly staff. Bed was perfect. Hotel appears to be recently updated/refreshed. No complaints, it was a nice Hampton Inn. Would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at two Hilton Hotels prior to this one on my trip cross country and this was NOT the highlight of my trip. I stayed 2 nights and the coffee and breakfast were good, the service was good, and the room was quiet. Having said that, the furniture had stains, the room smelled "wet" or like mildew, the door to the AC was broken, and so was the in room coffee pot. The tile was chipped and there were burn marks on the counter in the bathroom. These things probably wouldn't have bothered me at a cheap motel room. But...for what I paid at a "Hilton Quality" Hotel, I expected more. I didn't complain to management because there is not much they could do other than move me to another room, which seemed to be more trouble than what it was worth. I contacted Hilton afterwards, just so the hotel knows to maybe take a bit more care of their facility...and am yet to hear from anyone. I noticed other reviewers said this is the best in Lawrence, and that may be, I haven't stayed anywhere else. The experience was only OK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Derek F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrence, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Anna M,

I wanted to respond to your review and first of all apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us here in Lawrence. Our goal is that every guest does feel like they had an exceptional stay. While you did mention our good service, it is clear that we failed to meet your expectations on product in the room you stayed in. I would like to get some additional information from you regarding what room number it was so we can get the items you mentioned addressed. Please contact me at derek.felch@hilton.com at your convenience.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and I do hope you will give us another chance when you return to Lawrence.

Derek Felch
Wichita, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hotel was great except pillows are not great. Also, I found the complimentary breakfast to have less options than normal for a Hampton. Still, overall our stay was very good and we will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind comments about our hotel. We do work hard to make sure that every guests enjoys our hotel every time they stay. You mentioned the pillows being a disappointment, and I am sorry for that. We do change our pillows out regularly, and I am sorry if you had one that needed to be retired. As you may know, at every Hampton you have a choice of both Feather, as well as Cotton pillows in each room.

Thanks again, and we hope to serve you in the future when you visit Lawrence.

Been to Hampton Inn Lawrence? Share your experiences!