“It was just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lawrence

You added Super 8 Lawrence to your Saves list
Super 8 Lawrence
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   515 McDonald Drive, I-70 Exit 202, Lawrence, KS 66049 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Lawrence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
CONCORDIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I loved the trip and the stay went to a consert and met my favorite band and stayed here after great service and clean room great breackfast love this super 8

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If smoking is your thing, then this is your place. If, like me, you detest smoking then stay far, far away. We had no idea that smoking was allowed here. We were given a room on the 3rd floor with no mention of smoking. We head upstairs to our room and notice that the hallways smell a bit like smoke-we figured it was just a lingering smell from days when smoking was allowed...how very silly of us.

After our room and belogings started to wreak of cigarette smoke that night, I questioned the front desk and they let me know that "only certain rooms" on the 3rd floor allowed smoking and there were no open rooms on the 2nd floor so there was nothing they could do for us. Ugh.

To top it off, our room smelled like mildew, the carpet under the A/C unit was soaking wet, and the you can only fit under the shower head if you are 5'5" and under. We stayed because it was extremely cheap and we only needed the room to sleep and shower, but I would have happily paid more had I known about the smoking. The only saving grace was that the front desk staff were all really, really nice....I feel bad that they have to work at such a terrible place...

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor if you don't like cigarette smoke
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well, its at an unusual location, but its right of I-70 so i won't Complain. I have stayed a once before. I think its great for the money. The rooms are clean. Nice flat screen tv. They have simple but good accommodation. Good breakfast.
Its fine overall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The area is questionable. I would not have wanted to be by myself. The building was stinky. The smoke alarm in the hall beeped all night indicating a low battery. The best thing was the breakfast did have hot coffee and waffles. I would suggest staying somewhere else. We had never stayed at a Super 8 before, and we will never again.

Room Tip: Stay in the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Lawrence? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Lawrence

Address: 515 McDonald Drive, I-70 Exit 202, Lawrence, KS 66049 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)
Location: United States > Kansas > Lawrence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Lawrence
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Lawrence 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Super 8 Lawrence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Lawrence Hotel Lawrence

If you own or manage Super 8 Lawrence, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.