“Clean and Newly remodeled” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 251 restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Voted Best Breakfast and Brunch by the Lawrence World Journal, First Watch specializes in delicious creations freshly-prepared to order. Their fresh, award-winning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch dishes are made using only the best ingredients without the use of heat lamps or deep fryers. The best part is their creative menu features traditional favorites like omelets, pancakes, salads and sandwiches.
Lawrence, Kansas
“Clean and Newly remodeled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This unobtrusive restaurant in a small strip mall is a "best kept secret" in Lawrence. They serve only breakfast and lunch but the food is wholesome, fresh and tasty. We like their fresh fruit crepes with yoghurt, kewi, bananas and strawberries [includes a muffin] and their pancakes [they are large so one or two are usually enough for an average appetite.]. This place is popular, especially on Saturdays and Sundays so there may be a wait.

Visited November 2012

83% Recommend
lansing, ks
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Great service - you will not be disappointed. In a hurry, sit at the community table and meet someone new at the same time.

Visited September 2012
Gypsum, Kansas
“Not good customer service, argued with me about my meal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The first time we went for breakfast it was good but not very good service. We decided to try it again anyway. I ordered Eggs Benedict and specifically asked the waitress to make sure the cook gets the poached eggs done enough so the whites are cooked well. When our food arrived, not only was the eggs cold, the white part of the egg was still clear and raw. When I finally caught the waitresses attention to send them back I told my family to eat theirs before it got cold. After 25 minutes, she brought out my food and said " the cook said your eggs were cooked perfectly and nothing was wrong, but he remade them anyway." She then proceeded to tell me that I should have asked for them to be cooked more when I ordered them. The plate was supposed to come with sliced avocado and tomatoes which were apparently thrown away with the original eggs. The English muffin was from my original plate which was cold and soggy.
Never again. We will wait an hour if necessary to go to Milton's next time!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Antonio, Texas
“Solid breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

First Watch is on-par with my reliable home-town spot in Dallas: Cindy's. They have huge pancakes, including healthy versions with fruit on top; omelets are good as well. The coffee is good and keeps flowing. The service is quick and though it's packed, wait times are short. It's definitely worth a visit if you are in town.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allen, Texas
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have family in Lawrence and have visited there several times over the years. Each trip I make sure to visit First Watch, best breakfast in town!

Visited May 2012