“A fancy place, by Lawrence standards, and very good.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
715 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 234 Restaurants in Lawrence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Kansas City, MO
“A fancy place, by Lawrence standards, and very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

715 serves a lot of locally sourced food. Everything our group had was very good. Don't overlook the pizza, it comes in some odd combinations and has great crust. The meat and cheese appetizer trays are also good. The meatloaf special was huge. Some prices are high, but there are many cheaper options as well.

Visited January 2013

wichita,ks
“Probably fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is my first visit to 715 and I really hate to give a rating on one visit, especially since it was a Saturday evening after a home basketball game. The restaurant was wall to wall people and not knowing that reservations would have been helpful we had none. We sat at the bar, or would of had a one hour wait, the service was fine, probably good considering how busy the restaurant was.
The wife's lamb meatballs and cauliflower soup were both first rate but I was very disappointed in my fettuccine with bolognese sauce. The meat looked,and tasted, like boiled beef with very little flavor and the pasta was in one big lump. This would be a great place to visit when they were not so busy to have some of there homemade salumi, cheese and a few glasses of wine.
One other thing-the noise level rivaled Allen Fieldhouse which had 16,3000 people in it. Don't expect a quiet intimate converaation if the restaurant is busy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Lawrence this summer and we came here for some coffee and a bite, it was pretty tasty and the quality of food was good (slightly pricey), but the service was very "classy" and the atmosphere was cool -- "something to look at"!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, Kansas
“Another visit - just as good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I, and our friends very much enjoy this restaurant and have given it positive reviews in the past.

I do have a problem with the restaurant, however, and that is the unusually high noise levels. On our last visit, I could not hear what our friends were saying from across the table. I don't have any hearing loss, and neither do my friends. By the time we left, we were hoarse from raising our voices. This issue will prevent me from returning during high traffic hours.

I don't know what the owners can do about this, but I have heard others complaining, and also heard other say when they were out on the street, "Whew, I can hear again!".

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, Ks
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

New restaurant in town. Food is notable for its fresh take on almost all items on menu. Everyone "In the know" that lives around here- would rank this restaurant one of their favorite places for lunch or dinner

Visited December 2012