“A warm breakfast on a rainy Sunday” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 251 restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: Cuban
Woodland Park, CO
“A warm breakfast on a rainy Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was soaked when I arrived at Global café that Sunday morning, but my veggie omelet was warm and so delicious! My boyfriend had the breakfast quesadilla, and really liked it, too. He had eaten there before and said that everything was good. I can't wait to go back and try something from the lunch menu. Remember quarters for the metered parking on Mass street!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Lawrence
“Best Breakfast In Lawrence, KS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I together with some of our children went to Global Cafe in Lawrence, KS not knowing what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. Each of us had a different breakfast selection and shared together. Everything was fantastic! We went back a few days later for lunch. There were several items off menu that were very creative and again Fantasitc!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leawood, Kansas
“First time here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Brazilian Omelette was wonderful. The toast was ? two thin pieces of dry bread and the heel too. No butter in sight. I asked the waitress if people eat that toast? She said back to me, "you don't like the toast?" I'm glad I ordered one pancake on the side. Wish they had "real" maple syrup instead of corn syrup.
My wife ordered a tuna melt on wheat bread. The bread was white and dry, the cheese was not melted on the "tuna melt."
This was about 2pm last Friday. We went in because it says breakfast all day on the window and looked inviting and friendly.
The prices were very reasonable. Wish they ordered their bread daily from "Wheatfields."
Will only go back if I need breakfast later in the day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, Kansas
“Breakfast all day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cozy, hospitable restaurant open only for breakfast and lunch. Offers some unusual South American and Central American dishes. But i opted for "The Classic", 2 eggs, potatoes, sausage (chosen over bacon & ham) and toast with coffee. Although the eggs were slightly over cooked for my taste, they were more than offset by the home fries potatoes. Those were seasoned just right. But the standout in my opinion was the coffee...outstanding and never an empty cup. My dining partner had the Riena Papiada Arepa because she said it was "something new and interesting." Initially, she was somewhat putoff by a warm chicken salad, but indicated it was quite tasty and affordable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food was wonderful - and they had lots of gluten free items so I was especially happy. Service great - friendly and funny. Very convenient downtown.

Visited March 2013