“What a way to open the New Year!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Offer 15 % off
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Lawrence
Stockton, Missouri
“What a way to open the New Year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My lady friend and I wanted to spend New Years Eve in Lawrence, KS, because of the college town atmosphere, many restaurants, and sights. We chose the Virginia Inn because of the reasonable cost. We chose the room with hot tub and king bed. Wow! Beautifully tiles floors and very attractive colors! A+

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice big room, clean with very comfortable beds. The colors in the room were very nice, warm and inviting and we had an in-room coffee-pot, always a plus for my husband (why is hotel room coffee always so weak though??) Incredibly quiet even though we did have neighbors. Great price too, we even got an extra discount thanks to TA. I was a little leery of the comforter as blanket thing per someone else's review, but this wasn't the case and there were plenty of pillows, always a plus for me. We were here in a snowstorm and there were still lots of places to eat, even late. Not a luxury place -- bathroom amenities are basic, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hairdryer, but great for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staff is friendly, room clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was nothing spectacular but it got us on the road with fruit and bagels so can't complain. One thing I didn't like much is that the bedspread/comforter IS your blanket, which made it not only overly warm but somewhat unsanitary. Most hotels use sheeted comforters to at least give an illusion of cleanliness.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I came to Lawrence a few weeks ago to visit family and we enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Our check-in was smooth and I appreciated the hospitality. Will definitely return when I'm back in Lawrence.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We came down to Lawrence for a campus visit and happened upon on this place after deciding to stay the night in town. It was a friendly surprise, with clean and comfortable rooms. The rooms were also very nicely furnished. Now I wouldn't say it’s a five-star resort but it definitely had everything I needed for a good night’s rest, especially those with pillow-top beds. The staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming, especially the manger. He gave us nice recommendations about nice places to see and eat in Lawrence. I will definitely be returning to this quaint hotel, when my daughter chooses to attend the University of Kansas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We went to Lawrence to see family and reserved this totally due to a rating of third best hotel by trip advisor. This has all the appearance of a "by the hour" place. A motel by no imagine a hotel. The crowning part is when we left after one horrible night my husband told me he had seen what appeared to be glue traps for mice in three parts of the room. A motel at this cost is exactly what you might think.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We did a two week road trip from CO to OH, WV and VA and back. We stayed in many motels. None were dogs but most except this one were just average with nothing noteworthy. All about the same price range. This place is on the main drag but away from the interstate. Nice, large room with two queen beds, mid sized fridge, microwave, large flat screen TV, large bathroom with nice shower, AND... a large very comfy leather recliner. Very cool. I like to park in front of my room so hauling stuff and watching the car is easy. Individual entrances at this place. The guys upstairs were a little noisy (stomping) for a while but we just turned on the fan in the AC/heat unit to drown them out. They also had a very cute multi-colored clock in the room. A paper in the room said they'd sell us towels, clocks, etc if we wanted (and charge us the stated amount if items turned up missing) but I thought $50 for the little clock was way overboard though I would have liked one for our guest room at home. Very nice place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Virginia Inn? Share your experiences!