“A Okay Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lansing
Northglenn, Colorado
“A Okay Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed one night recently at this hotel. It was all that I expected in that: it was quiet, comfortable and clean. The bed was just right. The only problem was with the in room coffee maker. The on/off switch was broken. I only noticed this in the morning (of course) when I wanted to make coffee. The hotel did not have any time to rectify the issue. The manager did apologize upon check out but that was it. If I am in the area next time, I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

This is your normal everyday Holiday Inn. Its clean with up to date decor. Staff is friendly an breakfast is acceptable.

• Stayed December 2011
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This hotel is a great choice! I had a problem with the first room, talked with the desk clerk Nicole and she immediately apologized then gave me another room. The breakfast was plentlyful, good and hot. I choose this hotel because our company has direct bill, but I would stay here for pleasure also!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were in town for a family funeral and all of my extended family (over 20 of us) stayed here. Pool was a hit with the younger kids (hot tub was great), rooms were clean and comfortable, and they graciously allowed our group to "camp out" in the lobby one night as we ordered in pizza. My parents ended up having to change rooms (at the request of the hotel) and were upgraded to the biggest room in the hotel. No complaints. My uncle had requested a block of rooms ahead of time and everything was handled quite smoothly in our time of need. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here for a night when passing though town. The room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing there were tons of options. There is also a nice pool! We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel was recommended by several that claimed it was the best in the area. For Lansing, it was pretty good. But it had issues.

Upon arrival I was greeted professionally, but I was asked to fill out a sheet of paper that listed my car's make, model, and tags. Oh, and I had to sign the sheet attesting to the fact that this information was correct. Come on - it's Lansing, Kansas. I don't think there are a lot of people illegally parking in this hotel's parking lot. I've stayed in big cities that never required I provide that much information on my car.

I got to the room and was greeted with a goodie bag, thanking me for being a member of their rewards program. Nice touch, and I appreciated the gift!

Yes, the TV in the room is a CRT, but it was perfectly adequate with a large enough screen to watch comfortably in bed.

The room was nice sized and quiet. The bed was comfortable. However, the entrance to the room had a tile floor, and many of the tiles were coming up. In fact, grout was missing between several tiles; I could have pulled up half the tiles easily with my bare hands. Because of the missing grout the tiles were able to slide slightly, so I had to watch it when I walked across this floor.

I used the exercise room the next morning and found it had no towels, even though they had shelves for towels. Given the number of military staying at this hotel due Ft. Leavenworth being nearby, you would think they would concentrate on keeping that room up to speed. The equipment itself was OK but was well worn.

Except for the great cinnamon buns, the breakfast was sub par. No fresh fruit at all, not even a bowl of apples.

If you are looking for simple lodging with a number of restaurants nearby, this is the place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Clarksville TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

As several others have mentioned in their reviews, this hotel is not the awesome, but it’s the definitely the best one in the Leavenworth/Lansing area. I find it pretty much on par with other Holiday Inn Expresses.

* Clean and attractive
* Easy to find, easy to park, easy to get to Kansas City or to Leavenworth.
* Quiet and attractive location.
* Several eating places in ridiculously easy walking distance to include Asian, Mexican, and the usual fast food. Also a convenience store in easy walking distance.
* I like how they have my reservation folder ready and waiting for me when I arrive. Fast, easy, and personal.
* There was a welcome note and bag waiting in my room with a complimentary bottle of water and some snacks. Nice touch and much appreciated.
* Bathroom was nice, HVAC was fine.
* Warm cookies in the afternoon.
* Breakfast is fine. I am always amused by those folks who so strongly criticize a complimentary breakfast. At home, I have cold cereal and coffee, so I am easy to please. They had a variety of stuff; pretty much what you would expect. I did wish for some fresh fruit which was not available the morning I was there.
* Breakfast seating was a bit awkward because all the tables were for four. So, it seemed like the dining room was filled with tables for four each occupied by a single guest. Maybe they should get more tables that are smaller and seat only two.
*Although I didn’t hear much noise out in the hallway, I did clearly hear my neighbor talking on the phone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth? Share your experiences!