As several others have mentioned in their reviews, this hotel is not the awesome, but it’s the definitely the best one in the Leavenworth/Lansing area. I find it pretty much on par with other Holiday Inn Expresses.
* Clean and attractive
* Easy to find, easy to park, easy to get to Kansas City or to Leavenworth.
* Quiet and attractive location.
* Several eating places in ridiculously easy walking distance to include Asian, Mexican, and the usual fast food. Also a convenience store in easy walking distance.
* I like how they have my reservation folder ready and waiting for me when I arrive. Fast, easy, and personal.
* There was a welcome note and bag waiting in my room with a complimentary bottle of water and some snacks. Nice touch and much appreciated.
* Bathroom was nice, HVAC was fine.
* Warm cookies in the afternoon.
* Breakfast is fine. I am always amused by those folks who so strongly criticize a complimentary breakfast. At home, I have cold cereal and coffee, so I am easy to please. They had a variety of stuff; pretty much what you would expect. I did wish for some fresh fruit which was not available the morning I was there.
* Breakfast seating was a bit awkward because all the tables were for four. So, it seemed like the dining room was filled with tables for four each occupied by a single guest. Maybe they should get more tables that are smaller and seat only two.
*Although I didn’t hear much noise out in the hallway, I did clearly hear my neighbor talking on the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Leavenworth. We are located near many local attractions and business including: Kansas Speedway, State & Federal Prisons, Eisenhower Medical Center, St. Mary's University, Renaissance Festival, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre and Basehor Field of Dreams Ballpark. Top all this off with historical sites and Kansas Hospitality and you have a great get-a-way place to visit. Hotel features include free local phone calls and a complimentary Express Start continental breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Lansing, KS and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth Hotel Lansing
- Lansing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Lansing