“This is the best hotel in the area.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lansing
Clarksville TN
“This is the best hotel in the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

As several others have mentioned in their reviews, this hotel is not the awesome, but it’s the definitely the best one in the Leavenworth/Lansing area. I find it pretty much on par with other Holiday Inn Expresses.

* Clean and attractive
* Easy to find, easy to park, easy to get to Kansas City or to Leavenworth.
* Quiet and attractive location.
* Several eating places in ridiculously easy walking distance to include Asian, Mexican, and the usual fast food. Also a convenience store in easy walking distance.
* I like how they have my reservation folder ready and waiting for me when I arrive. Fast, easy, and personal.
* There was a welcome note and bag waiting in my room with a complimentary bottle of water and some snacks. Nice touch and much appreciated.
* Bathroom was nice, HVAC was fine.
* Warm cookies in the afternoon.
* Breakfast is fine. I am always amused by those folks who so strongly criticize a complimentary breakfast. At home, I have cold cereal and coffee, so I am easy to please. They had a variety of stuff; pretty much what you would expect. I did wish for some fresh fruit which was not available the morning I was there.
* Breakfast seating was a bit awkward because all the tables were for four. So, it seemed like the dining room was filled with tables for four each occupied by a single guest. Maybe they should get more tables that are smaller and seat only two.
*Although I didn’t hear much noise out in the hallway, I did clearly hear my neighbor talking on the phone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

The motel is quite big has three floors and there is also an elevator. There was a strange smell when we first entered the room but we put the aircon on and that soon sorted it.

The room and bathroom were very clean. The shower was nice and powerful. The bed was also comfy.

We did have a bit of a problem with the room phone. We needed the code for the internet so was going to call reception - but then after picking the handset up, we put it back down as we thought we would double check the hotel information book.

However, reception then called and said "why did you call 911?"...and we were like we didn't! but they said we did (we definately didn't)...so the cops turned up to double check everything was OK anyway. Hope they fix the phone for the next people!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

It is really sad this hotel property doesn't have any real competition. The staff at check in was rude. The room smelled dirty and most of the items in the room were in some level of disrepair.
If it weren't for the military I doubt this property would survive with this management.
However it is the cleanest national chain in the area....
it isn't great and as holiday inn express hotels go this is at the bottom of my list.
But it manages to maintain the bare minimum to be called a holiday inn express.
I am only recommending thuds hotel because it is the best in the area.. and that isn't saying a lot.

• Stayed February 2011
Lansing, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

As far as hotels go in Lansing or Leavenworth, this is about it. The others are just not an option, if you don't care to slum. It is clean and the beds are comfortable, but there wasn't a remote with the tv in the room and called to get one, and the whole time I stayed here, I never received one. Plus, for what this place costs, you would think they could upgradeto a flat screen tv. Our tv looked like it was from the 80's.
The breakfast was really good and those cinnamon rolls are so good. The hotel is close to many restaurants, so you don't have to drive anywhere. Thank goodness Lansing has this hotel. If I had the money, I would seriously look into putting one here.

• Stayed January 2011
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

There are few hotels in the Leavenworth Lansing area. The Days Inn and Super 8 down the highway are horrible - run cheaply - and in dis-repair. The 13 year old "Holiday Inn Express" is unfortunately the best in the area. The rooms are small - and there is little in the way of sound abatement between the walls. The road noise is not a problem since the hotel is off the highway and the back side of the hotel is against a residential area. The hotel parking lot surrounds the rooms, so if any one comes late or leaves early - you will be awakened by the car - or truck. You will also hear all the noise from the rooms next door - including the alarm clocks, TV's, coughs, etc.
The hotel has old fish eye TV's with limited channels to watch. The beds are very old, maybe original - sagging mattresses - and cheap sheets and blankets. The pillows are cheap postage stamps. The sleep quality is very poor. The towels are nice. The curtains do not close properly - bring a clip to close out the light.
The breakfast buffet is full of carbs - no fresh fruit, little choice - they have plenty of Wal-Mart style pastries, re-cooked pasteurized processed eggs substance, and cereal, processed oatmeal, weak coffee and cheap juice. They do offer a USA Today. This is a franchise location with the owner having little incentive to improve and the Holiday Inn Brand IHG not requiring improvment. Why do they bother to send out surveys when the IHG does not make the franchase owner improve the property?

The "Business Center" is one computer with a printer in a small room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
LansingHieGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel! Every review we get is valuable to our hotel and greatly appreciated. I am sorry you had some issues while staying with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I believe you had some issues with noise and some complaints about your sleep quality. Our mattresses are relatively new and rotated every quarter to insure proper upkeep and comfort. The sheets and pillows in rooms are the mandated sheeting that IHG requires all Holiday Inn Express's to carry. I am very sorry to hear that you did not care for the quality of them. I will pass that along to our area manager. I always encourage my guests to call our front desk associates for help or assistance with any issue. We try to do so in a timely manner. I am sorry again for the inconveniences you experienced and thank you again for bringing these things to our attention to be handled appropriately by management. We hope you will give us another chance sometime in the future to provide you with acceptable accommodations.

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Florence, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We had a great stay from arrival to departure. It is obvious that the entire team at the hotel is working on the perfect stay. The front desk clerks spoke to everyone passing by, offering assistance. Check-in was quick and the description of services was full and complete. Housekeeping keeps a very clean, well ordered hotel. Maintenance is up to date, and immediately on the job. We mentioned to the front desk one morning that our air conditioner seemed to not be cooling properly. They immediately contacted maintenance. Upon our return, there was no doubt the unit was working properly! Breakfast is fresh and hot and well stocked. The folks taking care of breakfast are exceptionally friendly and helpful. I really recommend enjoying the in-house breakfast. Rooms are very quiet and the heating/air unit is quiet running. The hotel is about a half block west of the street so keep an eye out for their sign. Parking at the front of the hotel is a bit minimal but there are plenty of spaces at the back of the hotel. We will return at least twice in the Spring of 2011 and will plan on staying at this fine hotel. Well done everyone!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I was told that this hotel had recently been remodeled. The lobby area was nice and clean. Customer service was kind and responsive as well. Breakfast menu was very good and the quality of the food good as well. The room/bathroom were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable as well. I would have given it max stars if I didn't have to endure the mildew/musty smell coming from the AC unit (maybe a carryover before the renovation). This can be solved quickly with a can of Lysol. Unfortunately, the hotel didn't have any on hand. I guess I could have asked for another room. There are a couple of traditional food establishments close to the hotel. This hotel is in a very quiet area and not really close to any active establishments.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth? Share your experiences!